Chapter Twenty

The next day was a normal day except the fact that Cinderella was told to enter his office.

"I want you to arrange these files according to their dates." Ieus ordered.

She didn't work on her desk outside Ieus' office as she was told to work on the visitor's couch in front of his desk. Since the day they put a recording device on Ieus' wooden book end shelf, nothing was reported suspicious. They believe he's very careful hiding his illegal deeds.

X on the Black Web was known rich. He sold the drugs in a very low price in bulks for five rich people. Those people are his trusted buyers. They're his only customers as they will be the one to distribute the drugs over the country. Still, non of them knows his real identity. One of them is too curious and sent a spy to look and investigate for him. The spy saw his face and knew his identity.  But before he could report the news, he was found dead under a bridge naked. There was a huge X in his torso.

The one who sent the spy was nervous and wrote all he knew in a notebook and sent it to the office of the President. Turns out that this buyer was a politician with a high position. The President wants to meet the buyer but he was dead before they could meet. All other investigating agencies took action and got different evidences. Some exchanged information about this case while some kept it for themselves. This case become a race to what's agency could catch X.

The Organization of Investigation, Foray and Defense (OIFD), investigated the spy sent by the politician buyer. In a very fortunate event, the agent assigned on the investigation met the spy's secret girlfriend and showed a secret room where the spy put all the evidences of X. The evidences on X led to four people. One of them is Ieus Montelegre.

Everytime Glydelle would think about Ieus as a drug lord, she would remember the night she saw him killing someone on a rooftop. The image still hunts her down in her sleep. But there's still that feeling inside her believing on Ieus that he's not X. He may be arrogant and and a certified insulter but he really is just that. Maybe that's just his personality.

What about the killing in the rooftop? Glydelle was debating herself when Ieus called her.

"Alexeev." Cinderella jolted in surprise. She was in deep thoughts that made her easily surprised. She looked at Ieus as she answered.

"Yes?" 

"What do you want for lunch?"

"Anything sir."

"Order anything you want then. For two persons."

They again spent their lunch together but this time, It was in his office. At the evening, Ieus and Cinderella went to meet Mr. Smith. It was a very fancy restaurant where only few high class people could afford the dishes. At the VIP table, Cinderella saw Mr. Lee and another man in tuxedo. A very fine man in his early 30's. His blonde hair was combed backwards. He looks stunning in his maroon tuxedo. A formal good looking man. Everything in him shouts fortune. Cinderella and Ieus stopped at their table.

"Hey Cinderella!" Lee greeted her first.

"Hi." Cinderella smiled.

Ieus went to one of the vacant seat.

"Uh.. I thought we'll have a dinner with Mr. Smith?" She asked Ieus.

"I am Mr. Smith." The man in maroon coat spoke as he flashed his smile that shouts yes, I'm handsome! I know I'm handsome.

Glydelle inwardly rolled her eyes.

Does he need to smile like that? I bet this a jerk.

Glydelle wasn't really expecting Mr. Smith as someone young with the looks. He was imagining an old bearded man in his 50's.

"He looks familiar." V said.