Chapter Three

The door opened with a 'creeeeek' sound. Everything was silent. No sign of anyone, no sign of anything.

How was the door opened? The last time I checked, it's locked.

She slowly stepped on the dusty floor as she entered the place. Many footprints were imprinted on the floor.

They hid here without even sweeping? Or cleaning?

She thought as she roam her eyes around. Cobwebs are visible and the smell of dust lingered across the building. In her front was the reception desk. In the left was the lobby and the right was the restaurant of the Inn. At the end of both were stairs leading to the second floor.

Uh... why is it so silent?

She thought of continuing to step forward. But before she could make a step, someone from behind the door attacked her, clenching her neck by an arm while a gun was pointed on her head.

"Make a move and you're dead." A man's voice said in her ears. Her heartbeat increased it's pace in nervousness. She was never pointed by a gun.

She felt cold.

What am I gonna do?

It is so stupid of her not thinking that someone who opened the door could be hiding behind it.

Danger of death echoed in her head. Not that it's not dangerous in the first place. She remembered her sister. Ella is in much danger. Glydelle never hated Ella. She is still a family to her. A family to protect.

In this tensed situation, she need to think of a way to be freed. This situation must be thought carefully before acting. However, her mind was blank as if she forgotten everything Master Wong taught her.

Must fight! Must fight!

She kept on murmuring in her mind.

She antsy elbowed the man which made her be freed a little. Before the man could pull the trigger, she caught it's wrist holding the gun and twisted it. The gun dropped. Before the man could react, she punched his stomach followed by a kick in his balls. The man falls to ground crouching and groaning in pain.

"Whoah.. I, managed to survived." She whispered to herself. She didn't expect herself to react like that. Adrenaline took over. Maybe death is more afraid to her.

She abruptly picked the gun up. Before she could move again, something from her right was thrown to the floor where she was standing.

A grenade?!

Without a second thought, she immediately kicked it back to where it came from. Halfway in the air, the bomb exploded. She dropped down on the floor, covering her head. For a second, she heard a stinging sound while everything else was muted.

As if on cue multiple gunshots were heard and was attacking the part where the bomb exploded. She wasn't that hurt from the bomb's impact for it was far enough from her. Reflexes really saves you.

"Who threw the grenade?! idiots! We need her alive!" A man yelled across the floor.

Glydelle got up and immediately hid from one of the large flower vase used to design the interior of the building, opposite from the rain of bullets. When everything cleared, the shooters were confused, they didn't see anyone in the area. Not even a wounded body.

Why are they shooting if they cannot see a target? They clearly want me dead!

Glydelle took a peek to see where the bullets are from. Three man revealed themselves behind the front desk. Others from the large vases in other corners with the same design where she was hiding. How lucky she is that no one was hiding here.