Black

Taehyung POV

I watched as Jungkook slowly raked his eyes over my exposed upper half. First his eyes rested on the fading hickies and bite marks marring my collar and lower neck. Then they moved down to the many bruises littering my lower stomach and further down to the bruises peeking out of my pant line.

I stood there as he registered the many small cuts underneath the bruises. And then his eyes moved to my arms, which looked much the same to my abdomen, save my wrists, which were swollen and red from many ropes and tight grips.

"Turn around." He said slowly, calmly. I slowly turned, revealing my back. Which looked exactly the same as my abdomen, except way worse. I heard him get up and walk towards me. A soft hand lightly traced the single scar on my back, one jagged line, right down the middle of my spine.

I moved away when his hand fell from my back and pulled my shirt back on. "There, now you know. How about explaining the job now."

"Right." He sat back down behind his desk and his eyes met mine again. He was strictly professional now, which relieved me. "Well, I'm Jeon Jungkook. Owner of Jeon enterprises and the head of the largest mafia family in Asia."

"Huh." Was all I could manage. He smirked a little. I'd probably just fed his ego more than it needed to be.

"Usually, I wouldn't waste my time on a newbie like you, and you'd start at the bottom of the food chain, but I'll give you a special pass, seeing that I've known you for two years."

"So..."

"So, if you pass my test, then you will join my personal team, rather than just being another one of my little fries."

"Okay...so what's the test?"

"He's coming."

"He?"

"The oldest of my team. Kim Seokjin. You will never be able to lie to him, because he always knows if you're lying. Hoseok is good, but he's better at reading people. I want you to tell him about yourself and lie about it. Large lies, not small little ones. If he believes you, then you pass."

"Fine." Suddenly a knock sounded in the room. A man entered, black hair and broad shoulders with a handsome face that I couldn't help but appreciate.

"Jungkook." He said. He was all business. It was almost scary how calm he was, and how calm the air around him was.

"Seokjin hyung, this is Taehyung. I've known him for two years and we get coffee every morning. I've decided to add him to the team, and thought you might want to get to know him a little better, seeing as you're usually in charge of new recruits." The man turned to me. Surprisingly, a huge smile now graced his face and I offered him a shy smile back.

"About time he showed us this friend of yours." He said, smiling and bringing me into a large hug. I gasped in pain as he squeezed all of my bruises. He jerked away, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Sorry." I said, smiling. "I haven't learned to defend myself yet and Jungkook picked me up when some guys were trying to mug me. They got a few good kicks in before he showed up." Jin's eye brows furrowed deeper.

"You poor thing. Who would ever want to mug someone like you?"

I laughed quietly. I scratched the back of my head sheepishly. "My mom always tells me to cover my face when I go out to sketchy parts of town, but I never listen to her. She says I draw too much attention with my looks, and I guess today I was just unlucky."

"You're lying. You always listen to your mother." Seokjin said, turning back to Jungkook.

"You weren't lying." I said, laughing a little. "He really can catch a lie."

"So you did lie."

"Jungkook told me to. But you caught the wrong lie." I said sheepishly. His eyebrows raised.

"Explain. Please."

"Well, I would have lied about never listening to my mother if I had a mother to listen to."

"And he definitely did not get mugged in the street. Because I wouldn't have helped him. Come on Jin hyung, you're supposed to catch this stuff."

"So he isn't hurt at all?"

"No, I definitely couldn't have lied about that." I said, lifting my shirt a little to reveal my abdomen. He gasped in response.

"You poor baby! We have to take you to Yoongi right away!"

"Not so fast." Jungkook said, interrupting our little conversation. "I still have to speak to Taehyung. Since he passed the test, he's now part of my team. I have to--"

"Later. Plus, he won't be able to do anything until he's all fixed up anyway, so I would save it." Jin said, taking my wrist, causing me to groan. He released me and just motioned for me to follow him.

We went down some floors and I was led into a small private doctor's office. A man with strikingly blue hair was tapping some keys on a computer when we came in.

"What?" He asked, seeming to be annoyed as we entered.

"I need you to help this poor kid."

"I don't do charity cases."

"Well excuse the fuck you, too." I muttered, but loud enough for him to hear. He turned to me full on now, his eyes narrowing at me.

"What the fuck did you just say to me kid?"

"Ahem." Jin said, drawing attention to him. "Yoongi, this is Taehyung. Taehyung, this is Yoongi, our doctor among other things. Yoongi, Taehyung is our new bluff. He needs a check up. Give it to him."

Yoongi sighed and stood, walking over to me. "He looks healthy. Take off your shirt, let's see how fit you are." I hesitated. I'd been okay with stripping infront of Jungkook, but these guys were complete and total strangers.

They waited for me, expectantly. I sighed before slowly grabbing my shirt and pulling it over my head. Jin gasped again at the sight, now getting the full view and Yoongi pursed his lips together.

"Well shit. That's gonna be a lot of work." He muttered. "Let me guess." He said, looking up at me. "If you took your pants off, there'd be more?"

"I mean, if you want to look, you can, but I'd rather not try and get them off. It took me like ten minutes to get dressed this morning."

"Shit." Yoongi rubbed his temples. "It's before noon. It's too early for this much work."