Black

Two months. Two goddamn months and I haven't spoken to my baby once. He was right there, right across the room from me, sleeping like a prince and I wasn't able to touch him, kiss him, do anything.

He was in a coma. And Yoongi had forbidden me from touching him.

His wound was now almost fully healed. The only problem was, Taehyung had lost so much blood that his brain had been deprived and there may be damage.

I wouldn't accept that. I could deal with some weird manuerism or disfunctionality. But Yoongi said it might be something worse. Memory loss.

I don't know if I'd be able to live if Tae forgot about me. Us.

This is why I had never bothered with something so fleeting as feelings before. I was perfectly content with using common whores and then throwing them out when I got bored. At least that way I wouldn't have to deal with this. This pain.

"Jungkook?" I snapped my head up and met Jin's gaze as he entered the room. "Come on, Kook, I know that you don't want to leave him, but this is getting a little excessive. He's not gonna go anywhere. You need to work. Do something. Other gangs are starting to notice a considerable drop in power from you."

"I don't care. Taehyung is more important." I grumbled.

"Let me put it this way for you. You lose your seat of power because you refused to leave Taehyung's side. Taehyung wakes up. You no longer have the power to protect him and keep him safe. Taehyung gets kidnapped again. You can't do shit cause you've lost all your influence."

I shot straight up and walked out of the room. No way in hell that I would let that happen ever.

Jin's POV

"Aish, this kid." I muttered. I glanced at Taehyung and sighed, walking over to his bed. "He's really worried about you, you know." I said gently. "You should hurry and wake up. But please don't forget him...I don't think he'd be able to live with that."

He twitched and I felt my eyes widen in surprise. I waited, but there was no other movement. I sighed, moving away from the bed.

He wasn't awake.

I sighed and left the room, heading down to the training rooms where the others were. "Did you get him to get off of his lazy ass and go to work?" Hoseok asked instantly when I entered.

"Yes I did." The others all sighed in relief. In truth, they'd been the ones running the whole entire operation since Jungkook had locked himself in Taehyung's room for the past two months. It was getting exhausting to pretend that Jungkook was too busy to show up to any business meetings or any parties.

Image was key in this kind of lifestyle, and you can't just disappear. Especially when you were in a position like Jungkook's. People started to talk, and then people started to plan.

And nobody was willing to let Jungkook lose his position. Not after everything he'd done to build this empire. They all loved Taehyung, and he was first in all of their minds, but that didn't mean that they could just halt everything and stay with him until he woke up. The world kept going, and so must they. It wasn't as if he was dead.

Thank god for that.

If he had died...they really would have lost everything.

I sighed and walked across the room, picking up a gun and setting up the range. I needed to blow some steam, and shooting always seemed to help.

After awhile, everyone left, going off to do their jobs.

Yoongi's POV

I entered Taehyung's room and looked around. Nothing seemed to be amiss. I walked over to the sleeping boy and checked all his vitals, checking all of the machinery and overall checking that everything was okay.

A twitch from Taehyung had me freezing. He'd twitch from time to time, but every time it was really nothing. That didn't mean I wouldn't make sure.

"Taehyung?" I called softly.

A groan was heard. I felt my eyes widen. "Go away...it's too early Kookie..." he muttered.

"Oh my god..." I whispered. I quickly fished my phone out of my pocket.

"What the fuck do you want?" Jungkook growled out.

"Well fuck you too. I just thought I'd be a good friend and say that Taehyung woke up, but maybe—that bitch just hung up on me." I finished flatly.

Seconds later Jungkook came running into the room. "Tae!" He said, rushing to the bedside.

"I said it's too early!" Taehyung yelled, snapping his eyes open and sitting straight up. He winced in pain, and then looked around, confused. "The fuck...?" He whispered.

"Oh my god, I didn't think you'd wake up." Jungkook pulled him into his embrace.

"Why exactly am I hooked up to a bunch of machinery?"

"You don't remember?" I asked.

"No..."

"How far back do you remember?" Taehyung blushed and I groaned. I knew instantly.

Passed out.

After Jungkook fucked his brains out.

Well, at least he hadn't forgotten Jungkook.

"Um...we'll have to fill you in later. But since you've woken up I have to take your vitals again and then see if you'll be able to eat solid foods. I don't think it's likely seeing that we've been feeding you from a tube for the past two months but—"

"Yeah yeah, can you like...leave?" Jungkook interrupted.

"Rude." I huffed out. But I walked out, letting them have their moment.

Jungkook's POV

"I love you so much, Taehyung." I whispered, not quite believing that he was awake.

That he remembered me.

"I love you, too Kook. So...what's this about being tube fed for two months?"

"Oh...you might have gotten kidnapped...and shot..."

"W...WHAT!?"