Black

Jungkook POV

"Come in." I said to the knock on the door to my office. Hobi stuck his head in and looked around. I raised an eyebrow at him questioningly as he approached me. "Something wrong?"

"Nope, not at all." He said, flashing a smile. I shrugged, not really caring because it was probably something stupid.

"Taehyung told me that you looked him up."

"I did. I didn't really trust him since you know..." I nodded.

"And what did you find?"

"Mmm...he should tell you."

"Funny, that's exactly what Taehyung said." Hobi froze in surprise and looked at me.

"But why would he want me to..." Something must have dawned on him, because he stopped talking and nodded, looking up at the ceiling for a moment. "Taehyung...lives in the gutters. Literally. An apartment that should be condemned with his father and younger brother."

"Why does he have those bruises?"

"I think you're smart enough to figure that out." He said, a hint of seriousness in his tone. I nodded.

"But I'd like to hear it from you. Because I've been wrong before."

Hobi scoffed. "Wow, the great and almighty Jungkook admits that he's wrong sometimes? I'm amazed. Can you repeat that so I can record it?"

"Move on." I growled out. He cleared his throat and then proceeded to sigh.

"Taehyung's father." He said simply. He paused, finding somewhere to start about this character of a man. "He is a loser. Doesn't work, doesn't pay the bills. Taehyung occasionally works when he can, if he's able to walk. His father beats the shit out of him if he doesn't bring back whiskey and cigarettes for him everyday. The man doesn't care if Taehyung has the money to buy them or not. About three or four times a week he'll find another loser on the streets and promise an hour or two with Taehyung if they pay him enough."

"Taehyung is forced to be a whore for his father?" I said simply. Bluntly.

Hoseok nodded. "Taehyung is...well he made a deal with his father. He does everything his father asks, fucks whoever he's told to and gets whatever he (his father) needs in exchange for his father not touching his brother."

"Then why doesn't he pack up and leave with his brother?"

"Come on Jungkook. You're not an idiot, you know how this works. He doesn't have any money to support his brother, who's five, by the way. He can't let his brother sleep outside, or leave his brother alone all day while he works and saves enough money for a place to stay. It would take months, and the area they live in..."

"Isn't the best." I sighed out. "Alright, I've heard enough. Collect his brother and set him up a room in the house."

"Right now? So he's going to be a part of the team?"

"He passed the test. And he accepted, so I don't see why not. Jin dragged him to Yoongi a little while ago, so we'll let him heal up before training starts."

"Got it. I'm gonna go get the kid. Do you want me to take him to the house or..?"

"Bring him here. I wanna meet the kid."

"Alright." Hoseok nodded and bowed before exiting the office. I sighed, running a hand through my hair slowly. Only then did I realize it. "Shit." I muttered. "I didn't get to have any coffee this morning."

Hoseok POV

I drove back to the gutters and pulled up in front of Taehyung's building. I grabbed a gun just in case and put it in the waist band of my pants. I walked inside the building. Of course I knew exactly where he lived, I'd learned everything I could about Taehyung. Which wasn't a lot, which was unusual. I couldn't find anything from before he dropped out of school.

That had never happened before.

I sighed as I stood in front of the rotting door. I knocked a few times. A little kid answered the door, his wide eyes looking up at me. He suddenly smiled brightly and I felt like my heart was going to burst.

"Hi! I'm Jimin! What's your name?"

"Hoseok. But you, little man, can call me Hobi." I said, smiling warmly back to him. "May I come in?"

"Yeah! Are you here to see appa?"

"Actually, I'm here to see you, buddy. Taehyung sent me to come and get you."

"Hyung? He didn't come home yet and appa is very angry. He brought a friend home and he wanted to be friends with Hyung, but he didn't come home and the man left angry. Appa's not happy." The little boy sniffled, tears welling in his eyes. "Hyung shouldn't come home. Appa might--"

"Where are you, you little bitch!" Someone yelled. "Where's my beer!?" Jimin sniffled again, beginning to shake.

"Hey, I have an idea. Taehyung is having a sleepover at a friend's house tonight and he wants you to come."

"Really!?" The boy's face instantly lit up.

"Yeah. I'll go get your appa his drink and you, buddy, can go pack for the sleepover. Make sure to bring all your favorite things to show Taehyung's friends!"

"Okay!" He scampered away and I walked in, heading for the kitchen and opening the fridge. I took out a beer and walking into the living room where the smell of cigarettes and alcohol was almost nauseating.

"Who the fuck are you!?" Taehyung's father yelled.

"My name is Jung Hoseok. I work for Jeon Jungkook. Taehyung has been put under his care, and I will be taking Jimin as well, as per orders from my boss." I said coldly.

"Like hell!" I pulled out my gun as he made a move and he quickly sat back down, gulping nervously.

"I wasn't asking. I was informing you of what was happening. Now stay in this little shit hole you call home and don't bother Taehyung or Jimin again. Next time there won't be a warning." The man nodded, the weasel he was, only caring for his own life.

Jimin skipped out into the room and I put my gun away. He had a bag slung around his shoulder and a dirty teddy bear in his hands. He held my hand and waved at his father. "Bye appa!" He said, smiling and then walked out with me.