Day Twenty Eight

Day has finally come. When I woke up, everyone was already busy doing whatever they're supposed to do. Except for Autumn. She was sleeping with one leg out of bed.
I grabbed a chuck of meat out of the fridge and I walked to the west gate where Max was waiting for me.
"Hey boss." He said as I came close. "So about that idea, I think we're gonna need a whole lot of resources to do this."
"What exactly is 'a while lot' in your perception?" I replied.
"Like... I don't know... maybe like 100 pieces of iron, 250 chunks of wood and like a whole house filled fibre."
"Well... that'll take some time to collect... at least we'll be busy for quite a while."
We collected the resources except for the iron. There has to be a smith in our village because we always need more iron and other metals and he would be able to make our metals stronger.
"What are you writing about?" Max suddenly came walking towards me.
"I'm thinking about finding a blacksmith somewhere... but I don't know where to start."
"You're always talking about how you want to go to the wyvern cave right? Let's start going that way. Just search the beaches of the island in that direction and you'll eventually get there."
"I like your way of thinking Max. Let's do that right away!"
"But we're still making..."
I ran to the town hall, already having my map out. I took some red paint from the shelf we stored it in and drew red arrows in the way we would walk.
"I need Sloth to come too. I don't know why, but I need him to come. And Double-T. And not to forget Sayla ofcourse. If she has time to spare. Kira has to stay to guard the gate. And in case the village got some new dinosaurs, Sabbu needs to stay."
I've been mumbling a long time and I got quite some visitors in the town hall without noticing. Even Autumn came to cook us a stew that I missed... I was so hungry for lunch... but that was worth it.
"Kira, Sloth, Sayla, Double-T, Max!" I yelled around the village. "Come to the town hall! I've got something to say!"
Everyone I asked for came except for Sayla and I started to talk.
"Guys, and woman, I've got some news, we're going to the wyvern cave. On the idea of Max, he said we can look for a blacksmith while walking there."
Suddenly everyone threw a mad face to Max, who just started to quietly laugh like 'hehehe, I did nothing...'
"Kira." I continued. "You're staying here to guard the entire place and keep it from being attacked."
"Yes leader, but if I may ask..." She said.
"Yes what is it?"
"Why in the world the wyvern cave?! Do you want to get yourself killed?!"
"Whoa whoa whoa tiger, slow it down. We're not getting ourselves killed, we're searching for a blacksmith, and I promise that if we find a blacksmith before we get close to the cave, we'll return with the blacksmith."
Of course I was crossing my fingers behind the book while pretending to write in it, but they didn't have to know.
"Oh and Kira, I'm giving you a special task. Do the same thing as me and record what happened everyday. When I return I want to see what happened while I was away."
"Okay but how long will you all be gone?"
"I think it will take like two or three days to reach the cave. At least, if the map is right this time."
Sloth stepped forward. "Why do I have to go too?"
"I don't know yet but I think you will come in handy somehow."
"Then why did you call out for Sayla too?"
"Because Sayla needs some fresh air instead of the abandoned house she's been hiding in."
We walked to the house she's been hiding in and opened the door. As the sunlight came in we saw Sayla laying on the ground and her baby sitting next to her. Sayla had spike like thorns in her arm and a few of them were laying on the ground next to the babies tail.
"What happened here Sayla?"
No answer.
"She has passed out." Said TT. "Sloth, check the spiky things."
"Why do I have to..?" Sloth said but before he could finish his sentence, TT stabbed him in the shoulder with one of those spikes and Sloth passed out too.
I went outside looking for Autumn, when I found her I asked if I could get two stimsoups and she replied with: "I got to get a trade price for those things someday, but sure, I'll make some."
I went back with the two bowls and fed one to Sayla and one to Sloth. Sayla woke up immediately and Sloth was more like "Five more minutes please..."
"Baby..." Sayla said when she woke up. "Baby has spikes in her tail. Spikes are narcotic. Don't touch them!"
She saw Sloth sleep on the ground and she calmed down saying: "Oh, I'm too late."
"Sayla." I said. "Do you want to go with us for a nice trip? We will go somewhere nice and see new lands."
"Sayla... Sayla wants to..." She said. "Sayla wants to come."
"Good, then that's decided, we're going today, let's collect resources for our trip, don't take anything unnecessary with you."