Day Thirty

BAM!!
The door smashed open, I jumped up and say Kira with a bunch of the villagers with weapons in their hands.
I saw Kira look around our group and she fell to her knees.
"Why..?" She started. "Why didn't he come back..?"
"I'm sorry..." I said, not knowing any words for this. "There was nothing we could do, a wyvern just snatched him from the ground and took him..."
"Just "Sorry" won't do..." Kira said... ""Sorry" won't get him back..."
"Guys." Autumn said. "It's very tragic what happened to Sloth, but TT's bandages aren't gonna last forever."
"Bandages?" Kira asked. She looked around the room again and saw a ginormous guy and TT was missing an arm.
"What did this!?" Kira asked. "Does it hurt?"
"Only one second of being not sharp enough to see a Troodon did this and it only hurts when stupid questions are asked." TT said.
We went back into the village and gave Pica the right materials to make TT's bandages last longer.
"Oh yeah, TT." Sabbu said. "We did get you this one present."
"A present?" He asked. "For me? How rare."
Sabbu gave the gigantic blue glowing egg to TT and his eyes started to shine.
"This..." He started. "Do you have any idea what this is? This is a fertilised lightning wyvern egg!"
"What does that mean?" I said as I came walking into the town hall.
"This egg contains the rare breed of a lightning wyvern, and since it's fertilised, we can hatch the egg ourselves. All we need to do is create an makeshift nest and put up enough torches without burning the nest."
"Oh, that's quite simple, do you have any notes for how the nest should look like?" I asked
"I have a little notebook in my bag, it's got all information of any animal I've ever seen or encountered."
I grabbed the little book, it looked a but similar like mine, but smaller and  the leather cover was less neatly done and a little darker in color. I started to search through the book, and I saw all kinds of animals I had never seen, but also familiar ones, like the Troodon and the Thylacoleo.
I searched trough the book and I finally found "Wyverns" in the book. It said that wyverns had four different species, Fire, Ice, Poison and Lightning, with Poison the weakest, and Lightning the strongest.
"An egg needs 15 torches to have enough warmth to hatch." Was told by the book. "It's said wyverns mature the fastest, but no one has ever seen it happen and survived."
I didn't think it trough well enough and I just went on building the nest and the torches around it.
Sayla came at me saying "Master. Stop. Danger." And I somehow managed to not hear it.
I had completed the nest and the torches, and that even before lunch. I went to go get TT and the others. Autumn was too busy with cooking for the entire village and the rest went to have a look. TT placed the egg on the nest and Pica said "Let's light it!" Which sounded extremely funny with that voice.
I lit the torches, waiting for the egg to hatch, and after the first hour, I saw the first cracks in the top of the eggshell. A few seconds later, we saw the small head of a cute baby wyvern come out of the egg, it's head wasn't much bugger than the palm of your hand. It started to eat it's way out of the shell. We waited a few minutes, leaving him with some pieces of meat. When we got back with some more a few minutes later, the wyvern had already grown so much, that my hand barely fitted in his head.
I checked the book and it said that wyverns become the size of about 10 humans wide, arms spread, and about 3 humans high.
"TT." I said. "We might not have enough meat here."
"Oh that's such balony." He said. "Of course we'll have enough."
"If you say so."
"Yeah I do. "
We waited and waited, and after about half an hour, we sent Sayla to grab us some new meat for the wyvern. As Sayla was gone, TT turned around to the wyvern. What he didn't know was that the wyvern had different ideas. He opened his mouth and TT disappeared right in there. The wyvern went to sleep after his "meal" that wasn't a meal and everyone was still shocked hours later. After a while, we decided to name the wyvern "Light" because that name is suited for a lightning wyvern and it was TT's last thing he wrote down on the wyverns, a few names he'd give them if they were his.
The day went by faster than imagined after that. Hardly anyone moved, they were all mourning for the dead. Sayla came back and had quite the catch, but she dropped the dead animals and walked towards us, after seeing us all so sad. I don't remember the rest of the day, it was... too sad...