Day Sixty One

I finished the metal spot a while ago, so I'm writing this now. There wasn't really an other moment because some people were striking, without any clear reason.
Anyways, we're standing on the platform now, Kira is flying us over.
"Sayla is here to help!" Sayla suddenly screamed behind me.
"Oh ok Sayla." I said. "Sayla!?" I yelled when I realised it was her. "Don't you have a daughter to take care of!?"
"Mas-taa." I heard from behind Sayla
I thought "Oh no..." by myself and looked behind Sayla. There was a little girl in everyday clothes there, holding an AR we made a few days ago.
"Oh how cute." I said. "Wait, who are you?"
Sayla gave me a soft hit on my head (which is still pretty hard because she's still too strong) and looked at me with a disappointed face.
"What?" I asked.
"Daughter." Sayla said and pointed at her.
"W-What?!" I yelled so hard the Quetzal was disturbed.
"Why is she this grown already?!" I only just noticed the tail behind her. "And why is her tail swinging?!"
"Daughter is having fun." Sayla said.
"I can't deal with this right now..." I said. "Just... don't get in the way."
Kira came inside the metal spot and said "Get ready guys, and apparently a mom and daughter, we're almost there so ready up your weapons and reload."
We flew over the base camp me and Max had been staying for a while.
"Any time now..." said Max, who joined the forces.
A long silence occurred.
We didn't see anything like a spider.
Then the Quetzal started making weird noises. We went outside and what did we see? A gigantic spider web covering the Quetzal.
"What the..." Max said.
"Over here!" Kira yelled and pointed at a hole even a gigantopitheticus, a gorilla, could even go trough. We got off the platform and were immediately surrounded by spiders and behind them, the Broodmother.
"Shoot the small ones! Builder! Sayla and daughter! Shoot the Broodmother!"
Everyone started shooting with the Dilophosaurus acid at all of the spiders. The small ones were gone easily so we could walk around a bit again, the Broodmother on the other hand, didn't go down that easily. We kept shooting and shooting, we saw the Broodmother try to avoid all contact with the bullets filled with acid.
Some of our squad members tried to remove the web from the Quetzal so we could all fly again. Max put a piece of the web in a jar and took it with him.
As we were closing in on the Broodmother, it started to heavily freak out and swing it's legs at us. We dodged them but I hurt my arm from one of the legs as they have recurve hairs as strong as the metal we use for our houses. My arm started to bleed as the leg sore by.
"Don't. Hurt. Mas-taa!" Saylas daughter screamed.
Wings popped up out of her back and she flew towards the Broodmother.
"Stop!" Sayla yelled to her.
But it was already too late, she was flying above the Broodmother, apparently shooting lightning out of her hands.
"Don't let this opportunity go to waste!" Kira yelled at the group. "Shoot now it's distracted! Don't hit Saylas daughter!"
Everyone started shooting again.
A long battle lasted of Saylas daughter shooting lightning, us shooting the Broodmother and any surrounding dangers. Night was close, the Quetzal came free and we were tired. The last shot was fired. The Broodmother fell over. We won.
Our ICD lighted up as it fell over. We got a note from an unknown sender. It appears to reveal everything about the Broodmother, like an explorer note as we kept finding in TTs notebook. And it shows there are 4 more of these ancient predators. I wonder what horrors will await us next time.
"Hey guys?" Kira said. "What is this stuff?"
Kira pointed at blue plates made of hexagons that popped out of the spider. I picked a plate up and it started to move! As it scared me I dropped it but it kept moving. It were more of waves actually. The hexagons were changing size and height continuously to make it look like waves. I hold my ICD, Information Collection Device, close to scan it, my screen lighted up but then started glitching and it broke.
We decided to take the stuff home in bags made of fiber that we just gathered.
On the Quetzal, I just had to ask.
"Sayla." I began. "How did you get pregant?"
"Sayla doesn't know." She replied. "Sayla was in wyvern cave and ducked to take egg. Then Sayla feel something big under skirt and look back and it wyvern. Sayla kill wyvern but wyvern make Sayla skirt wet. That all weird ever happened to Sayla."
"..." I didn't have any words. I just kept staring, then looked away and started thinking a real lot over how this even is possible.
As we got back I was still confused in thoughts, not hearing anything around me. We dropped off the bag to Collin and he said something but I heard nothing as I was still confused.
I went to bed and I just stared at the ceiling, even when Autumn was already asleep. All I could think of was how was this possible, because it wasn't but it somehow was. After hours of thinking I finally fell asleep, still unable to get an answer for myself.