Chapter 31

You were sitting on the sofa talking to Unser when he had come to visit the boys, “Hey, Wayne. You wouldn't happen to know anyone on the Board of Education, would you?” you asked him.

“I might. Why?” he asked. You smiled, “Well, I need to get some minor incident off of (Y/D/N)’s record. She’s gonna go to a new school.” you said.

He laughed, “Yeah, I heard you gave the principal a serve,” he said as he waved is hand to gesture as a slap, “I’ll see what I can do.” he said.

You thanked him and he left and Sheriff Roosevelt came in. “To what do we owe the pleasure?” Jax asked smugly.

“I’m here for (Y/N).” he said. As soon as he said your name, your head shot up and Tig got up from the bar and stood in front of you. “Fuck off.” he said.

“What's this about?” you asked, pushing Tig out of your line of sight. He stood off to the side but still ready to be an obstacle while Roosevelt spoke, “The principal of your daughter’s school wants me to arrest you for slapping her.” he said.

“Jesus,” you muttered, “Fine. Let's go.” you said as you stood up. Tig wanted to protest but you stopped him, “You can follow, Tiggy.” you smiled before you gave him a peck on the lips.

You walked towards Roosevelt as he reached for his cuffs but you stopped him, “You put that cheap metal on my wrists and you’ll get the same she did.” you said as you walked out.

-

You sat in the chair in the interview room as you waited for someone to talk to you, finally Roosevelt came in with coffee. “Here's some sugar and creamer, didn't know how you like it.” he said.

You took it and he started talking, “So, Miss Davidson says you slapped her in the face, unprovoked.” he said, “Care to explain?”

You scoffed, “It wasn't ‘unprovoked’.” you said, using air quotes, “She said - no, implied that my daughter was a violent 5-year old because of her family.” you said.

“Really? Why would she say that?” he asked.

“My daughter got into a little tussle with another kid. But they were calling her stupid.” you said.

“So, you’re not denying that you slapped her?” he asked as he looked in the manila folder he had.

“Fuck no. She had it coming. Stuck up bitch thought she knew everything about me and my family.” you said.

“Well, luckily, you didn't break the skin, just a red mark for a moment. But still, she’s a credible source.” he said.

“What and I’m not? Just because I’m married to an outlaw biker doesn't mean that I’m a criminal as well. I’ve never even been arrested, ever. Besides, I just told you I did it.” you said.

“Yeah, you did.” he said as he nodded, “I’ll just let you off with a warning. Don't slap the other teacher your daughter has. I’ll arrange for any black marks on her record get erased.” he said.

You nodded, “Thank you.” you smiled as you got up, “I doubt Miss Davidson will be as pleased as I am.” you said with a wink before you walked out.

When you looked around you saw Tig pacing around, “Jesus, Tig. You're so nervous.” you laughed. He looked at you, “What happened in there?” he asked.

“Chill, baby. He just let me off with a warning. Everything is okay.” you said as you hugged him.

He laughed, “Good. I didn't want a jailbird wife.” he said.

You laughed heartily and walked with him out and rode back to the clubhouse.