Chapter 40

“Daddy! What happened to you? Are you dying?!” (Y/D/N) yelled. You looked at her then back at Tig. You stood up and put (Y/S/N) in his swing and rushed over to Tig.

“Alex! Alex, what happened?” you said, cradling his face. He looked into your eyes and you could tell something happened. Something so big that it really hurt him.

You looked back at (Y/D/N), “Stay in here, baby. Watch your brother. I’m gonna help daddy.” you said.

She nodded and you turned back to Tig. You grabbed his arm, and led him to the bedroom. He had blood all over him so you put a towel down on the bed and sat him on it.

You rushed to the bathroom and got a warm rag, rubbing alcohol, and your first aid kit and went back to him. You set everything down and put on latex gloves.

You reached for his kutte, taking it off slowly, looking at the blood stain your gloves. Once you had it completely off you laid it down next to him. You unbuttoned his shirt as well and took that off.

He moved his head to look down at you and watched you move. You took off his boots and threw them behind you. You started to undo his belt and take off his jeans and put them with his kutte and shirt.

You got the warm rag and wiped off his face, all the dried blood spatter. You moved down to his hands and wiped them off too. Once you finished, he put his hands on your waist.

You noticed this movement and smiled a little, “You with me?” He nodded and sighed. “What happened, Alex? I've never seen you so...shocked before.” you asked.

“We were...uh...dealing with the Aryan guys. A fight broke out between us and them. Two guys were beating up on me. One of them started to pull their gun, when Happy shot him from behind.” he said.

You hummed to tell him to continue as you got the alcohol ready to clean his wound. “I don't know..I guess...just the whole idea that in one second that guy could have shot me in the head and I wouldn't be coming home.” he said, tears flowing to his eyes.

You rubbed the cotton balls on each cut he sustained, he didn't wince or anything, he was too overcome with shock still to feel anything but emotion. You stood up to throw them away and take off your gloves. You walked back to him and opened bandages.

You heard him sniffle and looked down at him to see his head down and his shoulders rocking. “Oh, Tiggy.” you said, dropping the bandage and kneeling down to look at him.

He sobbed, “I love you so much, (Y/N). You and the kids. I was so scared I was gonna die today.”

You felt tears approaching and you pulled him into your chest, and he wrapped his arms around your body. “It’s okay, Alex. You’re here. You're with me. Our beautiful babies are in the other room. You’re home with your family.” you whispered.

You pulled back and kissed him, “You’ll be alright.” you said as you rubbed his cheek with your thumb.

You picked up the bandage and applied it to one of the cuts. You patched up the rest of them and then put everything away. You set his clothes aside and got him dressed.

-

You brought the kids into your bedroom and you all nestled close to each other. (Y/D/N) was curled into Tig’s side with his arm around her. You were holding (Y/S/N) in your lap. Tig looked over to you, “We’ve been through so much, haven't we?” he asked.

You looked over and gave him a sad smile, “Definitely. I mean think about it, first we were together. Then I left and ended up in a worse situation than what I thought I was leaving. I had your kid, didn't even know until she was 4.” you chuckled, “I was stabbed, got a gnarly scar, then killed my ex.” you whispered, “We got married, because I was pregnant. We had our beautiful son. Then our daughter was kidnapped, we almost lost her.” you said.

Tig looked down at her and you continued, “We had our anniversary, we kinda separated a bit, but you didn't give up on me. We’ve been through hell but we’ve also been living in heaven. I couldn't ask for anything more, Alex.” you said.

He looked at you and kissed you deeply. “I love you so fucking much, (Y/N). You’ll always be my number one girl.”

•••

They were in this together. They had their secrets — every couple did — but as far as he was concerned they didn't keep the big things from each other; those items that could impact their relationship. She knew the lengths he would go — and has gone — to protect her and he knew she had his back, protecting him with a ferociousness usually seen only in nature. Till death do they part, they would fight the world side by side. It was an amazing feeling he wasn't sure he would ever get used to, but he was damn well going to try.
____________

The End! This is it for “It’s Been A While”! Thank you so much to all of my loyal readers for always leaving votes for my story! It has really made me into a better writer in thinking that people actually enjoy my work! Words cannot express how much I appreciate y’all! 💕

I’ve written a Happy Lowman series, so go give that one a read! I hope you all enjoyed this story!