chapter 12: oh I'm honoured.

Dahlia pov
Maybe if I hadn't of killed him, we would still be together.
That's all I want.
Us to be together again.
Like the old days.
When he was still alive.
"sorry.." I start, And Eli immediately glances over to me,  "what are you apologizing for?" He's confusion holds the tension in the air.
"shouting." I  mumble, and Eli takes a deep breath, and then relaxes, "it's fine. Don't worry about it" but i already am.
14:27 PM ~ Tuesday
I come running down the stairs, wearing my sports clothes, ready for a run.
Only Nathan and chase are in the lounge.
"Woof" nathan wolf whistles at me, his jaw wide open, his eyes staring at my ass. Chase is next to him, also looking at my ass, beautiful . "Damn" chase mumbles. "what never seen a girl wear this before?" I roll my eyes
"nah, but you look...wow" Nathan glances up, meeting chases eye when he looks up too. "yeah what he said...." he mutters under his breath
"well, I'm going out for a run...tell Ajax I'll be back in a hour." I state, getting the water from the fridge already to leave.
However the boys laugh and shake their heads, "aha. No." Nathan immediately gets up, going over to the door and holding it closed. I tense up, "you can't go out on your own." He shouts at me, "well which one of you handsome men are gonna come with me?"
Before chase or Nathan can reply, Ashley comes down the stairs.
"none of them, but there is a beautiful woman gonna come with you instead." my head perks up. "oh I'm honoured." I state again, smirking. The flirting between Ashley and i has grown  increasingly  "good, lets go. These lot are lazy" ashley mocks.
"we are not, just not really the running type" Nathan sighs, Chase laughs at him, and then looks at his hands, "yeah me either"
Ashley starts the conversation, while they begin to slow jog across the yard, "So have you always been one to run?" I chuckle, reminded of the years I had to train in order to become an assassin, "yeah, I did it a lot of the time when I was in training...we had to have the ability to run fast"
"did the incidents where they got away happen a lot?" Ashley asks me, understandably new to meeting an assassin, or well former. "No. Well not for me. Maybe about three, four times maybe?" I decide to pick up the pace
"so you really do live up to your name huh..." Ashley mutters under her breath, but I hear this and gives out a forced laugh, "what do you mean?" "The word spreads around gangs and people who have connections to this sort of stuff" Ashley says as she and I start to slow down, at a walking pace.
"About what? Why would people wanna know about me?"  I start to question her, Ashley is the one to laugh this time, "yeah you'd be surprised, a lot has been said about you" she pauses and then continues, "in your assassin group"
"like what?" I cock my head to the side in curiousity, "that you're one of the best assassins the world has had for a while, you doubt yourself but you truly are amazing!"
I laugh and shake my head in disbelief, "I don't believe that, I'm just the same as the rest" Ashley gives out a chuckle, "oh sweetie, you really are, that's one of the reasons why so many people want you." I start to run again, catching  Ashley off guard, "Because I'm good at killing people?"
"yes. And that's why we are here to protect you.." Ashley says, why would they wanna protect a killer?
"if you know how much of a good assassin I am, then I don't need protection" I try to force my way out of the detail, but Ashley knows what's up, "not even you can defeat the people after you, they're more dangerous than you could ever imagine" Ashley takes another pause to catch her breath and then adds, "the people wanting you are higher ups, in gangs, in the deep dark world"
I sigh, "Let me guess, they want me to kill people for them?" Ashley nods but also replies, "not just that, torture, killings, and then they will kill you. You're older than 18, you can go to jail, then they think you will tell on them and they will go to jail aswell. They don't want that." Ashley and i  round a corner, onto one of the side roads with stores "You can't stop them either."
Ashley laughs and nods, " maybe not, but we might be able to, obviously with your help, maybe we do stand a chance afterall" I give Ashley a questioning look, "I told you, I'm done with hurting- killing people. That's not me- it never was."
"but you have skill! You could totally use that" I shake my head again, "that's what he said as well, I know. But I'm sorry, I just don't have the mind to do it" she pauses,  then adds, "its just not me anymore."
"something really bad happened in that group didn't it?" Ashley asks, I hesitate before answering, then gives a short, "yes."
Ashley nods, "is that why you don't want to do it anymore?" "one of the reasons I guess , its a main one." Ashley cuts in and questions again, "do you want to talk about it?"
and I hesitate again, but then shake my head, "not at the moment, I'm not ready too." Ashley nods, understanding that life is difficult and takes time to open up to people,  "that's fine too."
By the time that conversation is over we've stopped running completely, and finally it hits me, that I'm in the corner of  montebello city park.
We decide to stop for 2 minutes, then carry on. The conversation is mild, Until I talk under my breath. "I've been in this park before" I can tell it catches Ashley off guard once more and she prys for more answers. "when?"
I shrug,  "A couple of months ago, still the exact same though, beautiful scenery, haven't missed this place one bit" Ashley hesitates, "You don't like this place, why?" I shake my head and laughs aimlessly, "One of my assassinations took place over there"
I point out to one of the many dark lanes from where they stand, its only about 100 yards away.