Chapter 36: basement.

10:21 AM ~ Tuesday
Dahlia pov
Alec and I wake up to extremely loud music playing in the kitchen, ironically I immediately know what the song is, Black Veil Brides, 'Wake up' and when we head down stairs to see which gang member is the problem, I find that its in fact AJ, "You like black veil brides? What drugs are you on?" he rolls his eyes and then scoffs, and that's when the conversation shifts to a completely different tone, "yeah? You think you know all about me, well there is some shit you have no idea of" but the second I go to open my mouth and question him, he makes the move on me too, "you think you know everything about me too Dahlia? You don't, you don't know shit so stop acting like you do, go back to fucking your boyfriend" I'm shocked, and taken a back with his sudden aggressive tone, but I don't back down.
I go up to him and try to understand why he is acting so strange, then it hits me, the stench of alcohol on his breath, but it all makes complete sense, because his behaviour isn't usually like this, so I do the only thing I can do, and I walk up to him, and confront him, "why do you feel the need to drink and get drunk at 10 am?" he scoffs at me, "You cant talk, it was only a couple of days ago that you started day drinking at like 7 am, your problem is worse than mine"
But that makes me more pissed off, I understand he is mad, but I don't know why he is that way, I get closer to him, looking him right in the eyes, then at his lips, my height making it only slightly difficult to kiss him. I end up having to go on my tippy toes to reach, and when I do he kisses me back, the only way I'm able to calm him down is through kissing him, our first kiss in over 3 years.
I thought it would be under different circumstances but I don't however feel any attraction to him anymore, I don't feel that same spark I did those years ago, when life was so much more simple and care free, when I didn't have to kill my own boyfriend to prove to my abuser that I was worth living.
but that was a different time then, and now its filled with fighting and violence.