chapter 45: A life without chaos

If life was perfect, I would hate it the same way.
Dahlia pov
I wake up too fast for my body to handle, and i'm immediately engulfed in pain, I didn't sleep for long as it is now only 4 hours later, I jump into some dark clothes and Alecs oversized hoodie, he gave it to me, well he doesn't know that yet, but he will. I walk steadily down the stairs and overhear a business meeting going on with one of Ajax's friends, so I go to the kitchen and try to make as little noise as possible, but then I bump into a small wall, but I realise it's not a wall when I look up at Eli and see him looking back at me with concerned eyes, "You alright there?" he holds me steadily by the shoulders.
I nod at him and he gets more concerned, "Why aren't you talkin'" I shrug and walk into the kitchen, this time thankfully not into any walls, "I don't wanna interrupt the meeting that's going on in there" I say to him, making a quick head turn to the doorway where I can ear the business meeting happening. "Nah, you won't, Parker is a good guy, he's a friend of ours, he understands" he says to me smiling, but our 'cute' moment is cut off when Ashley walks in on us and smirks, "Yeah, he's never bothered when he's here and sees Eli giving mouth to mouth with that brunette, what's her name again? Alex? Maria? Oh its Jessica!" Eli rolls his eyes at Ashley's outburst.
Parker, that name rings a bell, but I am too confused and tired to put two and two together.
"Nina, its Nina" and then it's Ashley's turn to start rolling her eyes, which she does when she helps herself to another cup of hazelnut coffee, but then I go over to get breakfast, but it is actually more like lunch, and wont be classed as morning drinking if it's in the afternoon, right?
I take out a bottle of blue VK, the only thing we have left in the fridge and the store room, we already got through the fucking ten crates we had, fuck!
I close the fridge door and see Eli standing behind it, and I immediately freeze, dropping the bottle as It happens, "Fuck, I'm sorry" he shouts when the bottle smashes loudly when it crashes into the floor, and when I go to clean up, Eli grabs the glass first, "Let me, you just get another drink" I nod and then grab an orange juice instead.
As I go to leave the kitchen, I run into another wall, but thankfully this wall seems to know that im going to walk right into them and they hold their hand out, holding me back from bumping into their chest, "hey steady, watch where you're going-" he pauses when I look up at him, but doesn't let go of my arm, "Next time.." he adds, trying to speak but it comes out more like a whisper.
"Nice to meet you, I'm Parker" he smirks at me, and when I drink my juice instead of answering he adds to himself, "and you are?" I look up at him my mind finally putting two and two together at the worst moment and shrug, "drinking fucking orange juice because somebody made me spill my god damn alcohol and i'm running low on the will to fuckin live" my voice raises and I see him lift his eyebrow, the others give a small giggle.
"Dahlia, maybe next time answer my question" His hand grips my arm, tighter and tighter. fizzle sticks. "i..I have to go.." I mumble my brain not fully comprehending that what im seeing in front of me is real, and then I run up the lounge stairs, ignoring the shouts of people down below.
Ajax however has different plans as he speeds up behind me and knock of my now locked down, "Dahlia" he pauses, "How do you know that guy?" I decide to ignore that question and ask, "how is your head?" after all, he probably has a headache still, that's what you get from morning drinking.
I practically see Ajax roll his eyes at me from behind the door, "why did you answer a question with a question?" I ignore him again, "Answer my question..."
"my head is perfectly fine" he sighs, "how do you know that guy?" but I decide this time to finally tell him my secret, "He-he's my uncle" and then I hear Ajax mumble a series of curse words underneath his breath, and then I open the door, in which he makes the most of because he immediately engulfs me in a hug, "Why didn't you tell me that you have an uncle?" I shake my head at him and hold my head in my hands, "tell me Dahlia.." and when I glance up at him he offer me a short smile, then whispers, "You can trust me, with anything" I sigh again and take a deep breath, "because he used to abuse my aunt, his wife"
Ajax never knew my family, mainly because I was so fucked up that I never wanted to tell anyone what I had saw through my young innocent eyes, nor did I really want to talk about family life when I had just been placed in a care home.
My mother, Nia, had three siblings, Parker, Pamela and Shay. Shay married when I was 10, into a big rich family and had two children with her husband, the last time I saw her was when I was 12, Parker had a wife, but decided to murder her one night after he caught her cheating on him with their next door neighbour, Andrea, no wonder why, she was beautiful.
Ajax looks at me confused, "Used to?" I fidget with my fingers and start to look down at the floor, "She um-she died" his eyes go wide and he starts frantically apologising, like he did something wrong. I shrug at him, "Don't worry about it, you didn't know, and now you know, lets talk about something else" he smiles at me, "You hungry?"