Chapter 50: Lies

Dahlia pov
Maybe if I lie to him, he will just let me go, that's probably not gonna work, amuch as I hate to admit it, Armstrong is smart, and that is stupid.
From the crash that still haven't healed, from the pain jaxon has caused. And from the recent fall of the cliff.
Jaxon hasn't been down in my cell for what I want to say as 2 days and deep inside I know its been many more days.
But without any warning Jaxon walks into my cell, hotheaded and annoyed, he strolls over to me and punches me right in my jaw, I didn't know what he was doing. So I didn't have time to be ready for it, so I bite down hard on my tongue. And then my teeth also crash into the inside of my cheek.
"You fucking pig, what was that for?" I yell at him, "You lied. You know all the confidential stuff about masons death, don't you!" I shake my head, "No, why would I?"
"To put me on a different road! You fucking lied to me!"
"Where's the proof that I lied, huh?" But I know that I'm not lying, and I know that he also has no proof of me supposedly lying, because it didn't happen.
He decides to ignore that question and say, "I'm asking the questions here, don't try to be a smart ass"
This "interrogation" goes on for about 30 minutes, him asking me the same question over and over again. And when I reply with the same answer, he punches me again and again.
"Fine, you don't believe me good for you..get Avery, she at least believes me, unlike some people" I spit at him. 
"ha, maybe, but she won't talk to you though" he scoffs, "I don't need her to talk..I need her to listen, she does that pretty damn well"
Jaxon pov
She keeps telling me she doesn't know anything, Did Parker set me up? Did he give me false info? Honestly I can't take anymore of her and whatever she is saying, I punch her in the jaw and in the stomach, but she doesn't flinch, she doesn't scream. She doesn't cry.
When she tells me to get Avery all I can scoff at her, Avery barely talks to anyone. But I do get her, in case something did happen.
I see everyone in the lounge, most of them are on their laptops, some are on calls with businesses that we are dealing with, and then I speak up, "Avery, you are wanted by Dahlia."
She looks up at me, shock replaces the calm in her eyes, but before she can question me, "She wants you, I don't know" I shrug, she nods then leaves to go to the basement.
Dahlia pov
Avery makes her way over to the unoccupied chair, located right in front of the one I am on, "So, what did you want to talk to me about?" I exhale the breath I didn't realise I was holding, "He doesn't listen, Ave." She nods, "I know" her face contorts when she looks over all of the bruises, blood marks and scars on my body, "I don't know any other things about Mason" I pause, "the case file was locked away, he wouldn't let me see it"
"I'll talk to him" she whispers, and I thank her, "You should try and get some sleep, you look like a zombie" she gives me a small smile, I give her a nod and then she walks back up, closing the cell gates behind her.
Alone again.