chapter 46: The devil calls

/// time skip - 1 week ///
For. Fucks. Sake. I don't want to go back to Jaxon, its not something I want to do, its something I have to do, theres a big difference.
when I head downstairs everyone is there waiting for me, last night they threw a party that just consisted of us, pizza and a shit ton of alcohol, there were smiles all around and laughter, but now all is see is a wave of pity and sadness. As I sit down in one of the comfy chairs, Ash come over to me and hands me a box, "just in case they keep you for longer" the box holds a small ankle bracelet and it has small silver sharks and dolphins on, then Jasper speaks up, "it has a tracker in it, if you break the tracker will set of an alarm and we will be able to find you" he offers me a small smile.
Then Alec cuts him off, "Theres something outside for you" he then throws a set of keys at me, that's when I make my way to the drive way, a Kawasaki ninja H2R waits for me, "You guys are fucking crazy" I say while suppressing a laugh, "thank you, for this and the bracelet, i'll be back as soon as possible, you wont even know I'm gone" Ajax shakes his head, "Trust us, we will, who else is gonna be my morning drinking buddy" I roll my eyes at him and then hop on the bike, the green wheels match with the pedals and the steering system.
But before I can say goodbye and ride away, Eli runs over and hands me a helmet, the visor is a one way mirror like material and its all black, When Eli backs away I start up the engine and give a short smile to the Hunters and then look back at Alec, who I offer a nod and he nods back, "keep in touch, Armstrong lets you..." Ajax shouts over the engine, and before I put my helmet on I yell back, "I'll think of a way" then I place the helmet on and take one last look at the hunters, not knowing when I will see them again, but knowing that in will even if it is the last thing I do.
I'm driving in the tunnel, and Because its dark, my lights on my helmet automatically come on and because the Scorpos house is on the coast of California, I know I can get there in 20 minutes, so I take the long route in hope that I miss traffic and can go faster but unfortunately I also took this to enjoy the last bit of freedom I actually have, I realize I've zoned out once I see a bright light behind me from somebody's blue headlights, and pretty quickly realize that some is following me, no I'm not stupid, everyone is going the same way for christs sake. But this car has been following me for the past 40 minutes, I mumble to myself and rev my engine up, going faster and probably breaking some of the tunnel rules.
Not as many as my stalker though as the car that they are driving somehow comes at my side, ignoring the rule of staying in your lane, enjoy the fine. I don't get very far into my conversation though as they then proceed to ram me into the tunnel wall, fucking wonderful, I love this wall, its so beautiful, so smooth, so lovely to just get ramned into it, ya know I think people should do this more often.
But as soon as I get out of the tunnel, there's another jackass waiting for me, and just as my thoughts come back to me at 200 mph, they manage to get me into a blocked position, this is going to end up worse than before, because I'm not in a car, I don't have 4 doors and so that means no protection from my potential attackers.
I'm too absorbed in my own feelings and thoughts when the car decides to attack the side of my bike, and then I go down, unfortunately not with Alec, but down the god damn rock filled cliff, motherfucker, why a god damn cliff? Wasn't the tunnel wall enough for you? I just really hope my bike is okay, after all it was a gift and I only just got it like an hour ago.
I lie there, I cant move, it's too painful and I cant breathe, my head feels fuzzy and I know im bleeding in multiple places I just don't want to find out, but before I can actually pass out my phone starts to ring and I manage to look at the caller ID, Ajax, like he knows something went wrong, then a text from Jaxon, I spot the time and then I realise, I was meant to be at Jaxons house 15 minutes ago.
Ajax rings me again, and this time I manage to click the green phone icon and before I know it, AJ's voice fills my eardrums, "Dahlia? You there?" and when I cant answer from the damage done to my head and the bruising done to my neck, he adds, "Are you okay? Where are you?" I groan out, "I got...pushed" I hear a crash over the phone and realise that Ajax probably smashed something with his anger issues risen, "Are you in pain?" he pauses, "Of course you're in pain" I nod but seconds later understand he cannot see me, "I cant feel anything below my neck Ajax, I don't even know how I answered the call" he waits and then responds, "I'll call Armstrong, get him to come and get you, I would come but if I did it would risk a lot more" I know what he's meaning, its not his turf, this is no mans land but its closer to Armstrong's territory than his.
After he wishes me well, he ends the call, that's when I get the small shooting feeling in my feet and legs, then gradually the feelings come back, so I make the probably stupid decision to get up onto my feet and make my way slowly to Jaxons house.
When I see Scorpos house I ditch my bike as close as I can before I get dizzy again and practically fall into the doorway of his home, my strength by this time has deteriorated and I knock weakly, so when somebody answers, I pass out from the pain and welcome the darkness into my life.