chapter 73: now or never

Warning, suicide mentioned

Dahlia pov

I don't believe I will ever wake up, but I'm gonna keep trying, I do the same thing everyday, Making my heart speed up in hopes that I would wake up. But it gets me nowhere. I'm lonely.

Ajax pov

She's been in here 14 days now.

The chances of her waking up is less than 2%. But I've never given up hope. We still take turns on staying with her, talking to her, Hoping that she will wake up one day.

Some of the new members have doubted that she will live, it pisses me off when they say that because they should have faith in her.

But they don't. They don't understand.

It's Alecs turn at the moment, He's been here the most out of all of us.

Like, yes I love her. I know that for a fact but I'm just scared. She hasn't hinted if she likes anyone of us and I know I don't deserve her, I want to believe that she loves me too, and she will end up with me.

But some part of me thinks otherwise. And I'm torn. It's evening, and we still haven't eaten, we don't feel right eating without dahlia, its like there is a hole in my heart, and it needs dahlia to fill it up.

Alec pov

I miss her.

I miss her smile.

I miss her laugh.

I miss her voice.

I miss everything about her.

I wish I could call her mine, I love her. But she isn't mine. She probably never will be, she hasn't said anything about liking any of us, so maybe she doesn't?  She hasn't even said anything about her being single, maybe she's taken?

But then again she's never mentioned dating anybody?

She's in a coma for gods sake and I'm thinking about her dating people, surely if she was dating somebody, they would of been here by now, curiousity killed the cat.

And I'm no cat, and I don't wanna be killed just yet.

I get my guitar out and start playing say something by A Great Big World featuring Christina Aguilera.

It's one of those types of songs that means something.

When I've finished the song, I start to sing everybody hurts by R.E.M,  finish the song, just about holding onto the tears that threaten to flood my eyes.

I then move onto "lullaby" by Nickleback.

It's one of the songs that mean a lot to me, I learnt it when I was in middle school, when I was 10 my mum died of suicide.

I kept telling myself that it wasn't my fault, but it is, and will be for the rest of my life. I didn't understand at the time, I was too young, I didn't know any better. My father came home and hurt us both, then the next day I came home and she was there, hanging from the staircase, And I didn't do anything to help her, I couldn't I didn't know how to.

But now that I'm older, I know that I should of tried to do something, instead of waiting for my dad to get home and do something.

Her neck was swollen and the rope had punctured her, her eyes were open and were red.

I wish I could go back and help her.

Even though part of me knows that she was already dead when I had gotten home, it still haunts me.

Dahlia pov

Alec plays the guitar, he plays different songs each time he is here, I'm surprised he hasn't run out of songs yet, He sings say something, first and I know this is the perfect time to try again and make myself wake up.

He ends the song, luckily my heart is beating normally. Then he sings 'everybody hurts' it hits me harder than I thought it would, I suddenly feel the urge to wake up, but It's not that I want to anymore, It's that I need to.

I have to.

Alec plays another song he's probably close to finishing, if I don't wake up  now in I won't be able to see Alec, and I will have to wait more.

He plays "lullaby" by Nickelback, I know this because its one of his favourite songs, he plays it all the time when he is alone.

I wonder why?

So this is my last chance.

I can hear him to clearly, My eyes won't open, but I'm sure this time will happen, I need it to work, I concentrate on what I need to do.

Today will be the day, and then it hits me all at once, I manage to slight open my eyes, yes. But the light is a lot, It's shining right into my eyes, the hell?

"D-dahlia?" I hear a voice exclaim, he stutters aww he hasn't stuttered before, why now? I want to talk, and I try to, but my throat is so sore and is scratchy.

But then I feel the tube stuck down my throat, I see Alec press the emergency button, smart man, just what I needed. Vincent then walks through the door, dressed in scrubs, "Dahlia, damn, its wonderful to see you again!" I would say back to him, but well, with the tube down my throat that's kind of difficult.

Which he finally registers and takes it out, well done to my good gag reflex, helping me out since '95

"hey" I say to Alec, and he immediately takes my hand and squeezes it, "You're awake" he says, "you're actually awake..." he says again,

"Are you okay, Alec?" He chuckles and then nods, "Yeah, its just that, you were given a 2% chance of waking up"

Holy cow