Chapter 51: we need to talk

Ajax pov

Saturday comes around fast and all I can think about is Dahlia, I know I have it bad for her, and I realise that I probably won't get her back, I guess faking my death really did fuck up quite a lot. I'm also very aware that all the others too might have secret crushes to, but I know for a fact Ash isn't keeping it a secret, after all most of the Hunters can read her like an open book.

However, the gang gets drunk quite a lot and when they do, they talk quite a lot.

Jace just keeps to himself now. He is 18, the youngest out of the group, but he did admit that he like Dahlia, he gets crushes so easily I'm surprised he didn't get one on me, though I think he got one on Eli, I cant blame him.

Alec hasn't been talking either, well he doesn't talk much anyway, but Dahlia brought him out of his shell in a way, Alec had a relationship with a girl called Michelle, but it ended badly. He had always been the quiet keep to himself kind of guy, and Michelle changed that but she passed away 4 days after their 2nd anniversary. It killed part of his soul when she died, and since then he's been a quiet puppy ever since.

Then there is Ash, she had always been a bit of a player, but then Dahlia came around and well, she wanted to catch her eye and stand out, that's exactly what she did. I know that Ash hasn't had a actual relationship with someone ever, and after what happened to her I cant blame her. However, she fucked up her chances once she spilled her secrets

Chase has a girl already her name is Isabelle. she's nice, been over here quite a few times. But never met dahlia and she doesn't know Chase is in a gang. I don't think she will stay with him if she finds out the truth, so he is living somewhat of a lie but that isn't my problem.

Eli had a stable relationship with a girl called Harper, who unfortunately became violent, she used him for money and for sex, betrayed him by cheating, he couldn't see past the toxic relationship and forgave her so many times and ultimately we had to get him out of there, his love was too strong and it would have killed him, if she didn't first. I feel sorry for him sometimes, he helps others even when he has things to deal with on his own.

Nathan had an abusive mom, who took it out on him all the time when Jace was only a baby, she tried to kill him, so Nathan made a deal with himself that every time his mom went to hurt Jace. He would step in and he would get the beating. He would go to school with bruises, and broken bones, he became his mums own personal target.

Jasper was in a hard time when he was on the streets, he started streetlighting and illegal racing and then when we managed to track him down and find him, he was on coke, but he also decided to deal them as well, he was so sad about Nel and Dahlia that he nearly overdosed so many times, but thankfully, didn't.

My mom and dad practically abandoned me when I was young and I moved in with my grandparents, but they got too old to take care of me so I went into foster care and well then Mantian picked me up, after all, I had no family that was still in contact and I doubt any of them would want a practical stranger to them all.