Chapter 2: Transmigrator and Aileen (2)

[Host Ai, do you want to transfer now?]

"Sure."

There was the familiar flashed of light before she felt her soul settled in a comfortable shell. It felt really good. She no longer felt always floating and immaterial. At the same time she felt vulnerable since another power was embracing her life in this world. The world's divine law.

'Soon...' she thought to herself.

[Host Ai? How do you feel?]

"I'm fine, Xiaoyi. I'll give you a hint, this is not my first time doing task," she gave a wink to her system.

[Oh...]

"But don't worry, I will do my job. I won't let anyone hurt you," she was thinking about her previous system. She wasn't able to save it before, but not Xiaoyi this time.

[Host Ai... Wuwuwu!]

"Xiaoyi, be good."

[O-okay... would you like to receive the body's memory now?]

"Alright."

There was not much discrepancies from the memory she received. At the current timeline, the soul of the modern woman has already transmigrated while the Crown Prince has been ingratiating Aileen for a while. The latter still has no idea of his real identity.

"Big sister..." someone called from inside the small house.

Familiarity hit Ye Ai and can't help but move her feet towards the room. Inside, she saw immediately the small bed where laid a very emaciated body of a young boy, probably around eight years old but she knew he's already a teenager. Next to his bed was a toddler girl around four years old, trying to feed him a clear soup of unknown herbs and gruels.

"Xiaoyi, life is too unfair," Ye Ai told her system silently as she went forward to help the little girl feed the boy. "Little Chichi, let big sister do this. You play outside."

"I want to help, Big sister. Big brother will soon be better and we can play around. That's why Big Bro, come eat ah," she told him with those wide smile but her eyes held sorrow. It's an expression a child should never have. It was a heart wrenching scene and after many many years or maybe decades of solitude, Ye Ai was able to feel at least a tinge due to this scene.

"D-don't worry ab-bout brother. Go play, Little Chichi," and he coughed incessantly. It was really hard labor for him to talk or move around.

Ye Ai massage the boy's back while silently sending her consciousness to check the body. She found out that he was riddled with illness not only because of malnutrition but also because of poor pregnancy. She sighed, remembering that their mother almost had a miscarriage back then with him.

"Caron, don't push yourself," she gently told him. On this occasion she didn't need to act. She has no hobby of kicking people at their lowest. Of course, granted they didn't touch her before.

"Big Sis..." he protested.

"Ssh. Be good. I'll make something better later. Mom's coming home, too."

"Chichi knows!" the little girl supplied. "What will you cook, Big Sis?"

"How about some meat?" she teased the little lump.

"Yhey! Sister is the best!" cheered Chichi.

Their father can be called the most diligent father in the world. He not only kept their house since the mother had to stay at the castle, he also worked non-stop in the crop field. The mother also wanted to stay at home but the medical expenses of Caron cannot be supported simply by their harvest. At the end of the week, though, she can return home and then go back to the castle again by the following morning.