Chapter 27: The Little Bun and Aiyana (16)

AN: Alright, I now feel like ending this arc. Actually, I don't have much from here as it's just the second arc anyway. I already let you meet the ML and then gave you too many clues about the world construct. Although, you get more questions than answers, haha! Sooo, just wanna say, this arc is about to be over~

-----------------------

If Ethan was able to keep himself from bombing the Jiang Conglomerate after finding evidences that Caden's people really kidnapped Dianne, the moment he found out that his son was kidnapped as well actually drove the pike in. He exploded in anger for every people's uselessness around him. He was mad both due to anger and worry. He had never experienced such feelings before.

Liam who was so busy helping his brother on both managing the Lee conglomerate to avoid annihilation by the hostile competitors, not only the Jiangs, and helping him in locating his future sister-in-law. He was so guilty and regretful on his past actions towards the girl especially when she's at her lowest; that he promised himself he'll do everything for her this time around. Unluckily, another incident reached him the moment he entered the conference room where his older brother and associates were talking about their operation towards the Jiangs.

"What the f*ck are you people doing?! Letting my son get kidnapped?!"

Liam heard his brother shouted over the phone when he suddenly stood up. 'Little Bun was kidnapped, too?!'

"Find him!" and then he rounded to the people inside the room as he uttered in cold voice, "Find him."

Liam found his way to redemption seemed to be quite high tiered, not only he needed to find and make sure Dianne was safe, he also needed to find and make sure Little Brian returned in one piece. If he could talk to his younger self he'd tell him to never piss his older brother, ever.

Ye Ai, on the other hand, was busy preparing for her contingencies. The best case scenario would be the world law choosing another Lead from the strongest soul in its jurisdiction. The worst case would be the world's self-destruction. Anyway, these options were only possible for unprogrammed demise of the main leads in a task world. It's a shame as she would rather work this out, fix it at best even if it would prolong things a bit unnecessarily, as Ye Ai wasn't going to leave such source of power just because it's going to skip to immediate apocalypse. Anyway, it wouldn't be the first time she'd experience this kind of world.

*Ring! Ring!*

A bit surprise, Ye Ai answered the incoming call. "Liam?"

"Aiyana! I need your help!"

"What happened?"

"Little Bun was kidnapped!"

"What—" 'the f*ck! Is this a kidnapping world?!'

"No time to explain! You mentioned, you two had some special way to contact, can you reach him now?"

"No."

"Why??"

"That bun's line was one way. He can only contact me while I reply to his personal phone," she explained lightly which was very lacking in essence. The little bun actually copied how she hacked into the international go-secure terminal to get a secured line each contact out and automatically deleted that line after a call or message.

"Why does he have to be a genius at these times?!" he sounded whiny and probably pulling his hair out of the roots in frustration at the moment.

"If he contacts me I'll find his whereabouts and then forward to you. For now, follow your brother's orders," she said as she blew the tiny dirt from her nails.