Chapter 24: The Little Bun and Aiyana (13)

AN: Here's the partner chapter of our double release today! Enjoy guys and see you in the next update.

--------------------

Ye Ai was far busier than how she had been previously. She wasn't only busy with her businesses; she was also busy with one Caden Jiang who had been chasing her for weeks now. The incident in the Song residence already happened more than a fortnight but the man proved to be stubbornly persistent. However, Ye Ai never acknowledged his confession. This was the thing that most confused Xiaoyi who also kept on badgering its host for explanation.

[I told you, it's not against to be in a relationship. We can even stay here after our task.]

"That's not the reason, Xiaoyi."

[Then why?]

"..."

[Why won't you tell me?]

"It's just that."

[Are you scared of loving?]

Surprised by her system's suddenly question, Ye Ai asked back, "What do you know about love?"

[Love: an intense feeling of deep affection that tends to influence one's perception and decisions.]

"..." Did her system turned into a search engine?

[I think the second male lead has his perception and decisions highly influenced by his feelings.]

"...So you think he's in love with me?"

[Basing on the signs and hints, yes.]

"Pft. One needs to see the heart to understand love."

[Eh?]

"Xiaoyi, do you know how many people I've met so far?"

[No...]

"Do you think an amateur acting like that can trick me?"

[Eh?!]

"At the start he was really telling the truth, but on the latter parts, they're all fake," she didn't even need to use her ability and risked herself getting found out by the world law that time.

[Maybe you've seen wrong?]

"You think so?"

[But he's so serious and there's no change with him while speaking ah!]

[His expressions and heart beats were all stable.]

[He only must have gotten nervous when he mentioned about liking you. Yeah?]

[Hey, Host Ai, don't ignore me ah!]

Ignoring her system's matchmaking delusions, Ye Ai can't help holding her head when remembering what happened next that night. What she heard while Caden Jiang was confessing was actually the familiar alert of an incoming gold pot.

*Ding!*

[Bonus Task Activated!]

[Find out the truth in Caden Jiang's past and help him enact his revenge. Rewards: 2,000 Experience Points and 1,000 Contribution Points]

[Accept] [Cancel]

Bonus Tasks were Ye Ai's trump card on her first time as a host. Her completion rate of 100% secured her of faster leveling and also cash points to buy almost anything in the system market.

She still remembered the first time she received her bonus task. It was also in her second task world, just like this time, however, that bonus task came in from the very start. It asked her to avoid being caught as she played the spy and double crosser, somehow like Second's situation here.