Chapter 4: Transmigrator and Aileen (4)

One day, a rumor suddenly spread like a wildfire in the capital. It was a rumor that should have not reached the public ears only if no one's trying to stain the reputation of the royal family. The king had it investigated but all they found out was a cloaked figure started it from the market, then in the bar, then in main plaza where many people lazed around and played ancient chess. No one knew who it was.

The rumor wouldn't have been controversial if only it was not too farfetched. It was said that the Crown Prince fell for a young but beautiful maiden of commoner status. It should have evoked the romanticism of the masses but the rumor also mentioned that the said woman was actually a two-faced slut. It said that to support her avaricious hobbies, beauty regimes, excessive food and unnecessary articles, she has linked to many wealthy man of every age range. There were still other accounts like she used her body to serve in the red district, or that she's also seeing a powerful person in the government while seeing the Crown Prince. The stories were so malicious that the masses have been looking for that woman!

Of course, the royal family faced the blunt of these spiteful rumors as the Crown Prince was called stupid, a cuckold, and very irresponsible for choosing such woman to be the future queen of the kingdom. It was so harsh that people decided to petition against their relationship. The one story that should have sprouted good feelings only made their teeth gnashed even in sleep.

"Who dare!" shouted Prince Rhomeo while his right-hand man and bestfriend Allan silently supported on the side line.

"Who can be this cruel to create dishonest stories about you and Ms. Aileen," murmured Allan in furrowed brows.

"I want this to be thoroughly investigated, Allan. I'll have that person beheaded for this!"

"Of course. But Rhomeo, do you think those were baseless accusations?"

"Of course! If you've met her you'll know how wonderful she is," he said while his expression softened considerably.

Allan shook his head. His bestfriend really fallen head first with this woman and he lost his mind in the process. But this was also his job, first check on this woman and then find out about the origin of all these evil rumors.

Alcada capital was greatly divided into four integral directions. The North housed the Royal Castle, to the west was the residences of the aristocrats, to the east was mostly barren because of the infertile land and where the slum has also taken their dwellings, and lastly the southern area was for the merchants and various industries, markets, restaurants, inns and lodgings and many others.

Aileen's household was located in south-eastern part of the kingdom and almost edge of the capital. This was the only place were crops may be cultivated since it was also closed by the vast unnamed forest. It was a peaceful location and yet the rumors about the Crown Prince and some immoral commoner girl reached them.

"Big Sis, is that Brother Rhomeo they're talking about?" asked Chichi while holding her hand.

"Hm?" she hummed without really listening.

"You heard Aunt Betha, Brother Rhomeo was chasing an evil witch. I thought he's chasing yo—ump!"

"Chichi, be good. Spreading such rumor about the Royal Family will leave you headless," she looked around the small market as people nervously shut their mouths. They just remembered that it was the Royal Family they're slandering.

When the two arrived home, Chichi won't be appeased unless her Big Sis said that Brother Rhomeo wasn't chasing anyone aside from her.

"I already told you, this is something only old people talk about. Little kids should be good and play."