Chapter 20: The Little Bun and Aiyana (9)

AN: Of course, since it's the New Year, I have a gift for you guys again! Hold on, it should be gifts...since I'm releasing three chapters today! Mwahaha! Happy New Year to you and your family! Enjoy reading!

---------------------

It was very normal for well-known people to be invited in many gatherings. It was also a form of networking for them. But of course, the party should also hold value to show others that they're not easy to pull around with. That's why the Song, like the Lee, always had to consider each invitation sent to them. There was one party, though, where Ye Ai finally met the vicious half-sister of the protagonist, Natalie Kim. The latter attended the party together with her fiancé, Hugo Su. The same man was also the ex-fiancé of Dianne.

Although, the network only gave the basic structure of this task world, she can still do other ways of investigating everyone of importance in this world. One was through Xiaoyi, her own system. It was only possible since her system has upgraded to Level 1 and was no longer a baby system. This function allowed the systems to search unclassified information about the current world from the network database. The recent upgrade with Xiaoyi also allowed lower leveled classified information about anything outside the task worlds be accessible to the host and her system, like about their own host's origin or administrators' basic statistics and more.

The other way of investigating was through exhausting their resources inside the world. Since Ye Ai controlled the Black Market, this meant she held the power of information and she can simply call for investigators and information brokers to get answers. And what she learned afterwards was pure dog blood familial drama.

Dianne's mother was the only daughter of the Go who was once of great power and network. But after a series of scandals and a plane accident, the young Mrs. Kim fell into depression as she was left as the only Go amidst all the discredits to her family name. It wasn't even alleviated with her husband's infidelity. In the end, she died while giving birth to Dianne. Not a year later, Mr. Kim married his second wife, the second madame and mother of Natalie. Natalie was born before Dianne's first birthday, the latter was not even celebrated. From then on, Dianne was almost forgotten if not being bullied in her own house. Her only saving grace back then was her fiancé, arranged before the downfall of the great Go. Hugo Su was the son of the rising family of the Su. They're into many trades and entertainment business. The little Hugo was very responsible with the said engagement, that's until he fell into the schemes of Natalie.

Natalie liked to play the pure girl and usually plotted against Dianne. The latter would always be the accused whenever something happened so she never had a good reputation. Although Dianne worked hard to be a good daughter, sister, student and friend, no one accepted her. The only person who believed her was Hugo. But as they grew older, Natalie's schemes also matured and soon Hugo fell to her beauty and advances. He was dating her while still in engagement with Dianne. In the end, he still wanted to fulfill his responsibility thus Natalie was forced to totally ruin Dianne and her future. She drugged her and chucked her to the room full of pervert males on the night of an event. Luckily, it was Ethan who found her. Unluckily, Ethan was also drugged and so they did the deed. They both didn't know what happened to each other afterwards.

Soon, Dianne found out she's bearing a son from the unknown violent man. She didn't want the child and so she decided to have an abortion. But Natalie, the wicked woman she was, exposed her pregnancy and covered the root of it. Mr. Kim was so ashamed that he disowned Dianne that instant. She was sent out the streets where she met an accident that almost killed her and her son. Fortunately, she and the baby survived. Unfortunately, she lost her memory.

An unknown person was working in the background while helping her in her pregnancy. When she finally birthed and was ready to start anew with her child, she lost him. He died at birth according to the records. She almost went mad after that day. Soon after when her body has recovered sans her mind, she was sent abroad by that same benefactor together with the large amount of money. She was lost in the foreign world where she knew no one and had her mind half-intact. She even made herself look like not the protagonist of the world as she almost died and died again until she was almost sold into the black market. This was where she was discovered by Caden Jiang's organization with the help of Second who realized her analytical power in coding. She was so good that the organization decided to prop her, fully supporting her development. It took years but it was worth it since she became a well-known asset of the organization. Her codename: The Bandit.