Chapter 16: The Little Bun and Aiyana (5)

AN: We met the second male lead of the second world, Caden Jiang aka Primo. Do you think he's our Male Lead? He still outran everyone in the voting. And I know you're wondering why I have a description of 'nice-voiced-man' for Abel Sabelle aka Third. You'll get a glimpse of him here! You'll even meet more of the possible male leads! Will you have a change of vote? *Evil Grin*

Special shoutout for @kirtdylanueva ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

----------------------------

"But your delightful Bandit will easily recognize you," Ye Ai teased the second male lead. "How about I tell her you've followed her?"

*Bam!*

Caden hit the table just when she finished speaking. "You are not to touch her," he warned in a slow and deadly voice.

"...Heh, making me more curious," she drawled as she teased him again.

"I don't care even if you're the Emperor of the Black Market, YOU ARE NOT TO TOUCH A HAIR OF HER."

Feeling the frigidness in his last phrase, she smirked. "Can you—?" stop me? She didn't need to finish her reply.

"I will find you to the ends of the world."

"Primo," a tinkling voice suddenly called him. It was such a melodious voice that suddenly doused their imminent war. One of the last two people who hadn't spoken since the start of the meeting finally can't help interfering. "Great One, please don't tease him anymore."

Ye Ai knew that the man who spoke was a high ranking member of the organization. He was actually the legitimate son of the previous leader. It may be a little intriguing especially with their mysterious backstories, not only with this guy but with the others as well, and yet Ye Ai decided not to interfere further. She has no plan of staying anyway.

"Fine. But just a final word of advice: if people can love her, people can also hate her. Don't be so late," Ye Ai gave her parting words with a chuckle.

These words gave Caden a sense of urgency as if this Great One knew of something going behind the scene. He knew there should be some meat into this warning since he's someone of power. That person held the Black Market in his hands and in turn the core of information. He should take Dianne out of this country or at least away from that Lee boy immediately. He decided to expedite his plans and movements.

What he didn't know, Ye Ai was referring to his side instead of the other's.

The following days for Ye Ai were simply too busy to describe. She had been preparing for her business collaboration in the country while also monitoring her main business all the way back in France. Aside from that, the immensity of operations in the Black Market was many folds demanding than what she expected. This left her no time to interfere with the two leads until now.

"I never knew it'd be this massive," she grumbled.

[It's your plan ah.]

Ye Ai paused as she pondered how to explain things to her system. "Xiaoyi, in this world's plot, do you think we can give this body's final wish if I don't take a step higher?"

[All she asked was to save her family and happiness.]

"Although originally it was for revenge, she really did ask for that in the end."

[...Yes. I actually want to ask you about that, Host Ai. How did the mission in this world changed?]

"You understand that the world's mission will always be the last wish of the original body that we, the hosts, possess, correct?"