Chapter 28: The Little Bun and Aiyana (17)

AN: This is the second to the last chapter for our second arc. Once again, I thank everyone who has read, followed, and commented; you guys are the reason I was able to finish this. I'm sorry, however, I wasn't able to reply to all your comments but I love them all the same. I hope you will stay with me on the next arcs and beyond, too. Cheers!

-----------------------------

Natalie Kim escorted Ye Ai to the dreary inside of the warehouse. As they walked onwards, Ye Ai memorized everything inside; the shelves of small boxes along the wall, the larger crates littered the middle of the area, the detached crane by one corner and stacks of flat woods in another. She wondered where they could have hidden that little bun. Rounding one more group of crates, she found herself in the darker area of the warehouse. There were barrels of something arranged haphazardly, and on its side sat the little guy still in his yesterday's jumper.

"Here he is," said Natalie who was still be watching Ye Ai's reactions. She might have still some reservations against her that's why she made her two goons follow them.

Ye Ai ignored the extra casts and stepped towards Brian Lee. "I got your message and came, now where is my thing?" she asked him directly. She's waiting for what must be the bargaining chip of this genius kid. She thought if this was just a scam or something alike she'll just leave this guy here since Ethan's people were coming anyway.

Little Bun looked up but didn't speak. He watched the four adults and then looked away, as if losing interest.

"Why you, you think someone will save you? Your dad's busy with your mom. You better give me my thing, little bun. I hate waiting," she tried scaring the little guy. Why was she acting villain, she wasn't sure.

And yet, he still didn't react.

"He won't talk. He won't even eat, you know?" said one of the goons.

"What? he hasn't eaten since yesterday? Well, even I wouldn't have any strength to talk in that case," said Ye Ai dramatically. "And if he died then you won't get any ransom, you know."

"W-what... what can we do, it's not as if he'll listen to us!" said the other goons and Natalie also frowned on that.

"Get me the food and water," Ye Ai said.

When she received the food, she can't help scrunching her face. Who can eat such bland food?

"Have you ever thought that the kid had never this kind of meal?" she asked the goons who were eyeing the food as if they actually didn't want to give it away.

"Ha! Serves him right! Eat what we eat, he can't be picky when we hold his life," one of the goon said with a spat towards his left side.

"Shut up," said Natalie Kim. "If he died, do you think you will get your payment?"

Ye Ai closed in to Little Bun who just sat there as if he wasn't the one kidnapped. He looked so calm, as if sure that he won't be hurt, that he'll come out of this anyway. She admired that attitude of him. They both ignored the bad people who did a bad thing, the result was them being there at the moment.

"How are you? Drink some water first, you must be parched," she told him in a whisper, holding him gently as she held the glass towards him. She felt him trembled slightly.

He looked up at her and then to the cup in front of him. He took it, one gulp, two, three; he finished the whole glass. A small sigh escaped him after.

"Now, I need you with energy. So eat up," she handed him the plate of plain rice and something fried.

"Brian wants to go home," was the little voice said to her.