3.D

Sydney P.O.V

I looked out the window as my parents drove into the to familiar town, and I kept my heart from racing. In all my years of living, I've never lived in the same town as a past life or saw anyone from my past life. I had to prepare myself for if I did see Levi, or my parents and that was killing me.

"Dad why this place?" I asked him.

"Because." He said so I looked to my other dad.

"Dad Why this place?" I asked him and he laughed.

"Because sweetheart with you going to college in Chicago, we wanted to be close to you. We don't like big cities, but we want to be in a city. This place is gay-friendly, open-minded people, and we get the city life in a smaller way." He said making me smile.

"Thank you daddy Greg," I said giving him a kiss on his smooth cheek.

"And not thanks to you dad Leroy," I said and he smiled as well.

In all my years of living this was my first time having gay parents, Greg was the best on dark skinned with green eyes, and short hair and face as hairless as a babies bottom. My other dad Leroy was covered in hair, but baled on top and was a sweet old grump.

"Plus lucky me, I got a great job here as the lead artist at a small gaming company, so I can put you through school young lady," Leroy said and I huffed.

"I know you didn't just huff at me," He said looking back.

I just looked at him for a moment and back outside hoping that everyone I once knew was gone now. I mean Levi hated this place and my old family lived on the rich side, so maybe no, I might be good.

"Oh look at the shopping mall, a Gucci store," Greg said and Leroy huffed.

"Stop it, if she can't huff, neither can you," Greg said turning Leroy into a baby.

"How about this young lady?" Leroy said and I sat up.

"We give you 900 dollars as a graduation gift, and you go out tonight, and have fun, meet new people," Leroy said.

"Fuck yeah!" I said excitedly to get away from them.

"What did you just say?" Leroy said and Greg laughed.

"My god you need to relax, she's a young woman now, She turns 18 tomorrow," Greg said reminding me of my birthday.

My birthday was always a slightly sad reminder of the day I died and the day I gave birth to a boy. The same day I die is the same day that I'm reborn and it was always a sick reminder that I can't die.

"We're home!" Leroy yelled and I looked out seeing the big house, bigger than our last one.

I looked around at the green grass, big green trees, and the sound of dogs barking, people jogging, and sprinklers filled my ears.

"This makes me want another child," Greg said.

"Never...." I and Leroy said together.

"Hey, how are you?" A big white guy said walking over with his wife.

"Hi?" Greg said offering to shake his hand.

"It's nice to meet you." The woman said shaking my dad's hand gently.

"We are happy to have you here, we all are." The man said and I walked over looking at the two.

"Oh, you have a daughter." The lady said and I nodded.

"I'm Greg and this is my husband, Leroy," Greg said just as Leroy walked over.

"We made you a meatloaf." The man said handing it to Leroy.

"Oh that was so sweet of you, would you like to come in?" Leroy asked and everyone talked as they headed in.

"Oh sweetheart," The woman said walking to me.

"It's Sydney," I replied and she smiled.

"Oh yes, I have a daughter your age as well, her name is Beth, Go knock on my door and introduce yourself. I couldn't get her out of her room, but since that bad music stopped maybe she is near the door." She said rushing into the house behind Greg.

I looked over at the blue house she pointed too, and slowly walked over to it. As I got closer I could still hear music playing, so kind of rock music I hadn't heard before. I walked to the door and knocked but it just kind of pushed open.

"Beth!" I yelled into the house and the music stopped.

"Oh, Beth!" I said loud again and a green haired punk rock girl was at the top of the stairs.

"New folks in the hood?" She asked me and I smiled.

"You bet your ass I am," I said looking around.

"Where you from people just walk in other people houses?" She said walking down the stairs.

"Yeah, but I didn't get a chance to steal anything," I said looking at her.

Her green hair was also a little blue, her eye make up was dark and heavy making her green eyes stand out and she had an LGBTQ+ tattoo on her neck.

"I'm Beth." She said and I nodded.

"I know, your mom sent me over here."

"So do you have a name?" She asked.

"Sydney," I said and she smiled.

"You like weed?" She asked.

"I love it," I said and she smiled.

She headed back up the stairs and I walked behind her, looking at the family pictures and the lights and everything. We made it to her room and she fell on her bed and I sat on her computer chair.

"What brings you here?" She asked lighting the joint.

"Not to smoke badly rolled joints with you." I sad making her laugh.

"Funny girl, but no really?" She said handing me the joint.

"My dads wanted to be closer to me since I'm going to school in Chicago, but they don't care for the big city living," I replied as I exhaled.

"This is a really nice place, not bad for a gay couple, or black people." She said and I looked at her phone as it dinged.

"Its a party tonight." She said as I passed her the joint again.

"You want to come with me?" She asked and I nodded.

"Sure, just scored 900 for my dad so I got money to blow," I said and she smiled.

"Nice, Its at this cute girl Stacy house." She said holding the smoke in.

"I don't care, Beth, I just want to get wasted, to be honest," I said as she passed the blunt back.

"We are going to have an amazing friendship Sydney." She said laughing and I did the same, and she started to talk opening up like a book to me.