17. I am

Sydney P.O.V

I looked at the store and then to Greg who had a blank face on and I huffed loud getting his attention.

"Maybe this is just drugs, and you think Levi is your son," Greg said wanting this to not be true.

"Dad, its true, let's get this over with," I said stepping out and we both walked in.

The store had low lights, and the room smelled like burning sage mixed in with weed. I looked around at the amazing dream catchers, the spell books, the glass balls and any other witch bullshit I could think of. 

"Hey, I'm Jay and I can help you." I super high guy asked me.

"Yeah I'm looking for this book called "When you're reborn," I said and he nodded.

"Joanna there a book." He said walking back to the counter.

AN older white woman walked out of the back with a pissed look on her face, and I knew her. She was a nice girl back in the day but I can't say she was my friend because she liked Levi. She never tried to talk to him, but I don't know what she would have done after I died. She yelled at the boy a little and looked at Greg with a smile then at me and froze.

"Kate." She said making me back away from her.

"How?" I asked backing away from her and I grabbed Greg.

"Let's go," I said pulling him.

"What, she knows something." He said and I pulled again.

"Let's go," I said feeling a panic attack coming on.

I damn near ran out the front door, and Greg was behind me as we both jumped into the car. I looked at the door and she didn't follow us so I relaxed.

"What was that?" Greg asked me slightly annoyed with me.

"Nothing, I just want to go home, "I replied and he didn't talk any more.

He slowly drove home and for a moment I forgot about the problems that were waiting for us there. After 30 minutes we showed up and Leroy's car was parked out front, and Greg just looked.

"You can head in I need to find a parking spot." He said and I stepped out looking at the street with 6 cars parked.

"Sydney," Leroy said walking to me and giving me a hug.

"How was Chicago?" He asked me with a smile.

"Great!" 

"Where is Greg? I missed both of you, hanging out at home alone and working isn't really fun." He said smiling and he made me feel sick.

"Sydney!" Beth yelled standing at her house front lawn.

I looked at Leroy looking around for Greg and I walked away heading to her. I stopped in front of her and looked at her stomach.

"I'm going to guess you know." She said and I looked up at her.

"I do know," I replied.

"I love you Sydney."

"So I've heard."

"Be with me instead of that loser, I can really understand you and your body."

"That's all fine but I like men, I'm not into women."

"You're attaching gender to love, and it doesn't work that way."

"Then be with Ethan if it doesn't work that way!" I yelled at her and she looked at me.

"I was lonely, Ethan was just around and he was funny, so I made a mistake and the mistake only got bigger."

"So you only had sex with him once?" I asked and she gave me a look of guilt.

"No, about 15 times we did but that doesn't mean I like men or that I want to be with Ethan," I said.

"Beth you're confused, and at 18 I expect you to be but I'm not right now, I love Levi and I know for a fact I don't love you," I said and the tears ran down her face.

"You love him?" She asked.

"Its late Sydney in the house!" Leroy yelled and I walked away from her a little.

"You need to think about some stuff Beth, I'll talk to you soon," I said walking away and heading into the house 

I walked in seeing Greg, watching TV and Leroy sat next to him and I headed into the kitchen. I looked at my phone and texted Levi, and I didn't notice how bad my hands shook.

"You should get dinner going," Leroy said to Greg.

"I don't feel like cooking, I can order something to eat," Greg said.

"No, I want something home cooked, eating out can make you fat, and you don't need to get any bigger," Leroy said followed by silence.

I looked at my phone as Levi texted back a picture, and I opened it seeing a beautiful painting of brown and red. He painted me in my red dress and I smiled at it, and before I can reply Leroy phone went off.

"That's work, you can order whatever you want now." He said before I heard moving.

"It's 8:47 pm, what does your job need?" Greg asked in an upset ton.

"Sweetheart we knew moving here would mean I work more often, you getting upset about it isn't going to help. If I don't pay every bill in this house, make sure its food, and still have money for you to waste on alcohol, who's going to do it.I'm not the one to pat myself on the back but if I don't work this hard who will take care of you too. Its like I'm the tree and you and Sydney are the leaves." He said and I stood walking into the living room with them.

"So we feed you and keep you alive when you lose us you don't care because we can easily be replaced," Greg said and Leroy looked at him them me.

"No, don't think too hard about it." He said kissing his forehead then walking a kissing my forehead.

"I'll see you guys later, love you." He said but walked out before I could talk.

Greg just looked at where Leroy was just standing and walked over grabbing his keys. He walked to the front door and slammed the door hard. I didn't say or do anything, just walked to the couch and sat down. It's amazing this is one of the worst lifetimes, I've ever had, but with the best person. I looked down at my phone as it buzzed seeing the words "I love you Sydney" from Levi.

I stood dropping my phone down onto the couch and headed into Greg and Leroy's room. I walked to the closet and unlocked the safe, the passcode was my birthday. I stood in the mirror and looked at myself, and pressed the cold metal of Leroy's gun to my head.