Chapter 8: The Set-up

The quality of a leader is reflected in the standards they set for themselves.

-Ray Kroc

Leandro Salazar's POV

"That would be all," I informed my secretary over the phone since I didn't come to the office today before disconnecting the phone call.

"Leandro!" I heard my wife bellowed at the top of her lungs. I smiled a little I could almost imagine her determined stride. "Where are you!? Leandro Salazar!"

I shook my head in amusement. Trust her to be overdramatic when looking for me when she knows exactly where I spent my day when I was working. I didn't bother to call for her attention since I knew very well she would find me in no time.

As I expected, the door in my study room barged to open and the most beautiful creature God have ever made walked inside with annoyance on her pretty face. "There you are." She said with an accusing tone. "I am looking for you everywhere in this house. God, why does this house need to be stupidly big? It would take you forever to find the person you're looking for."

I ignored her outburst and just silently stared at her. I knew very well that she's just annoyed that it took her a while before finding me. "If you will just enlighten me why are you looking for me without insulting the house, mi amor?"

She puffed an angry breath before closing the door behind her firmly. I hoped she's looking for me because she's going to seduce me. She gave a slight smile but there's still infuriation in her eyes. "Enzo finally called for an update."

I felt a little bit disappointed. Clearly, seducing her husband was not on her mind at the moment. "Oh, really?"

My wife nodded satisfyingly, walking even further inside the room. "Yes, and I am happy to tell you that our plan is working perfectly. Cupid should feel threatened about my matchmaking skills, Leandro."

I was not interested in the report her cousin provided about setting up my sister as my bodyguard before. I was more interested in the thought that I was alone with this little seductress in my study room. "I am half expecting you will tell me that Diego and Lucia finally killed each other."

Leila eyed me crossly. She tucked her hands in the middle of her chest making her breast trust upward for my view. I shifted in my seat. "You are not taking this seriously, Mister Salazar. Need I remind you that this is a serious matter? Lucia's future is at stake."

I rolled my eyes, gesturing my lap for her to seat here. "You know, wife. It's not our business to meddle with their life. It's their choice if they want to be together or not. All we can do is watch from the sidelines."

She shook her head fiercely, green eyes flashed with defiance. "I only thing I want to do with them is to bump their heads together for being stubborn about their feelings. If I didn't do something Lucia will be an old aunt and Diego probably marry somebody who is not meant for him."

"Since when you'd become an advocate of a happy ending for everyone, wife?" I asked dryly, looking at her beautiful face.

"Since the bothersome Rafe Moretti also got his happy ending." She replied, flipping her hair off her shoulder. "I don't see why my sister-in-law shouldn't get hers. If I need to give them a helping hand I will be glad to do it."

I shook my head in resignation. "I still think that there's something wrong with your reasoning, darling."

My lovely wife placed her hand on each side of her waist. I knew that stance very well. "I think it's too late for you to feel guilty about this, Leandro. The plan is already set into motion it's too late to stop now. Aren't you at least interested in the developments between Diego and Lucia?"