Chapter 30: The Rescue

When you go looking for rescue, you end up trapped in your own weakness.

-Deb Caletti

Diego Suarez's POV

Four hours after Leandro asked for his friend's help to rescue my wife-to-be in the hands of the French bastard who kidnap her and probably took her somewhere we could not find her. I stood at the private airport waiting for his friend to arrive.

I glanced at my future brother-in-law who leans casually in the hood of his sports car as if we're just sightseeing here instead of rescuing his sister. We were waiting for Marco Orsini's arrival via private plane.

"Don't you think we are wasting our time here?" I asked slightly irritably, I should be in a plane right this moment and tracking that bastard. If something happened to my Lucia and our unborn child that man will pay dearly with his life.

I heard his sigh while looking at the sky for any signs of private aircraft. "Marco says we should wait for him here since he's bringing the information we need personally."

"But what takes him so long?" This time the irritation was already visible in my voice. I could feel that I was wasting my time here standing at the tarmac. "He has a private plane he should be here faster than a commercial aircraft."

"Relax, Diego."

I tried to do that while waiting for his friend but I cannot. I paced the tarmac like a caged lion every muscle in my body was taut with tension. "If he doesn't arrive for a few minutes more then I will book a flight to France."

Leandro looked at me with sympathetic eyes. But before he could even rely we heard the distinctive engine of a plane in the sky. I saw the Gulfstream plane prepared to land on the tarmac. "The self-important man is finally here." My future brother-in-law detached himself from the hood of his car.

We waited until the aircraft made a safe landing and standstill at the tarmac. When the engine died the iron steps were lowered and the man in question descended from his plane. My eyes widened when I realized that he was not all alone on the plane. There were three more men with him.

"What took you so long?" Leandro asked Marco Orsini. Then he threw a disapproving frown in his face. "What are you all doing here?"

The Italian billionaire merely grinned his dark eyes dance with laughter. "Sorry, amico. My plane took a detour in Sicily to pick up some passengers."

The man with gray eyes shrugged casually. From what I know he's a respected Italian duke. "One moment I was in my office in Rome—then Marco arrived he said he needs my help. I didn't realize that it was involving a plane ride to Spain. My wife isn't even aware that I am here."

Then Leandro's brother-in-law answered the next. His blue eyes filled with annoyance in their depth as he also descended from the iron steps. "This bastard informed me that your wife is trouble again and you need our help. I unwillingly lied to Laila so she won't be worried about her twin's safety."

The last man with them was the Sicilian man I met on few occasions his wife was a good friend of Lucia. He loosened his tie around his neck. "I was forced to come here. They kidnap me again in my office."

"Why did you bring them all?" Leandro asked the Italian billionaire in annoyance. "I just ask you for the information about this Jacques Montcalm."

The man merely smiled maddeningly. "And I have the information you need, amico. Now if you would just ride my plane so we can now go to France where he was hiding with your sister. We can rescue her in no time."