Epilogue: The Wedding

Love yourself for who you are, and trust me, if you are happy from within, you are the most beautiful person, and your smile is your best asset.

-Ileana D'Cruz

Lucia Salazar's POV

It's been months since the incident in France. It took me two more days at the hospital in Provence before the doctors gave me go signal to travel back to Spain with my family. It took me a week before they let me out of the bed on my own when I recuperate at the Salazar estate. Diego's family visited me often and I couldn't forget the shock on their faces when they learned that woman he's marrying is actually the Salazar heiress.

As Diego promised that day in France when I learned that I lost the baby. We seek professional help to help us overcome the pain of losing our little angel and until now I often visit the counselor as I gradually accept the fact that the baby was no longer here.

But just thinking about that little angel still brought tears to my eyes before I go to sleep. The therapist advise me to make myself busy like planning my wedding and even creating my wedding dress so I could overcome my depression.

And so that day has come for me and Diego to finally be one—as man and wife. We both agreed to have a simple ceremony in his hometown and we're having the ceremony in the church where he first proposed. Right now, we booked at the hotel near the church for the preparation for the ceremony. Actually, you don't need a bridal car it's just walking distance from the church.

The citizens of the quiet town Carmona were flabbergasted when they saw luxury cars one after another arriving at their modest neighborhood. Everyone is here including my brother's friends and their wives—the same group who helped in rescuing me back in France.

As for where are they at the moment? My brother took them to the bar down the lobby of this hotel and treat them to drinks before the wedding would even start. I just hope that Leandro was not half-drunk by the time he would walk me down the aisle.

Now I was almost ready for the ceremony that would take place a few minutes from now. I was already glam up by the professional make-up artist my sister-in-law hired for this event.

"For a woman is about to marry the man she loves you certainly look like a woman who is being forced to do this." She raised an eyebrow in my direction. "Are you having second thoughts about this? It's not too late to back out."

I looked up to my sister-in-law who was busy examining my appearance as I sat on the bed with all of my wedding fineries. I sighed deeply, staring at the pretty bouquet in my hand. "I don't know. Maybe it's better if you ask Diego about that question."

"What do you mean?" Instantly she was on my side, sitting beside me on the bed. She too was ready for the ceremony. She wore an eye-catching sexy backless A-line long tulle with beaded deep V-neck split side champagne-colored evening gown.

I stared at her for a moment before shaking my head. "Well, since we came back from France and everything goes back to normal Diego hadn't tried to...you know..."

"Try what?" I grimaced when I saw the devilish smirk on Leila's face. From what I could see she was already aware of what I meant but she was still waiting for me to complete the sentence for her satisfaction.

"You know that thing..."

She shook her head but the smile still playing on her lips. "No idea what you are talking about, sissy."

I could feel my cheeks flame with embarrassment as I confine to her my concerns. "Well, you know...he had not tried to...uh...sleep with me again. I think he is just marrying me out of pity because he feels that it was his fault that Jacques manage to kidnap me."