Chapter 22: The Chaos

During movement and chaos, keep stillness inside of you.

-Deepak Chopra

Lucia Salazar's POV

"I finally caught you." I closed my eyes when I heard the familiar voice of Jacques. I just went to the park near the Eiffel Tower to do some sketches finding good inspiration for my next collection.

I gave the man in question a tight smile as I glance at him. "Jacques, long time no see."

He sat beside me on the park bench and stared at me deeply. "If I didn't know better I will assume that you are keeping your distance from me. What's wrong? Did I do anything that made you upset?"

"No, it's not like that." I shook my head, closing my sketchbook in my lap. "I'm just very busy lately that's why I barely have time to go out."

"That's good to know, then."

But that was not entirely true. I'd been avoiding him since our awkward lunch and at the news that I am pregnant with Diego's child. It's been a week since I took the test so far I couldn't think of my next move. Even to Diego I also slightly distance myself I don't know how to tell him about my news.

"You look tired," Jacques commented, his eyes filled with worry. "I hope you are not abusing yourself with your workload. You should take a break once in a while. Do you want to go on a vacation with me?"

I shook my head, I became self-conscious about my appearance. "Thank you for the offer but I cannot leave my work here."

He smiled mockingly. "I half knew you would say that." He looked around us. He was really out of place in this park with his expensive suit. "Now I realize, where is your bodyguard? I'm surprised not to see him hovering around you like a shadow."

"He's running some errand for me." I smiled sadly at the thought. Since I learned about my pregnancy I've been keeping him away from me since there are no signs of the stalker anymore he still reluctantly but obeying my favor I'd kept on asking him to do for me. I missed him so badly but I fear if he stayed on my side he would eventually notice my changing body.

"Did the two of you quarrel?" The French heir asked, studying me. "I hope he is not the reason behind the sadness in your eyes, Lucia. I hate to think that he has think kind of effect on you as I man it makes me worry. Tell me, dear. Do I need to worry about your relationship with him?"

I shook my head again. This was the last topic I would rather discuss with him. This was one of the reasons why I was avoiding him in the first place. I guessed the only way I could deal with him was, to be honest. "Actually, Jacques..." I stopped, swallowing hard. "...I lied to you about my association with my bodyguard."

"Lied?"

I nodded with an apologetic smile on my face. "The truth is, he's more than bodyguard to me. In fact, he is my boyfriend."

I mentally cringed when I saw the shock in his eyes. I should have told him sooner about my association with Diego than kept it a secret. I should have turned him down the first time he made it clear his intention towards me. "Aw...wow. That's—"

"I'm sorry, Jacques," I informed him with regret in my voice.

I heard him took a deep breath. It seems that he couldn't believe what he had just heard from me. "Well, I don't know what to say. Still, I think if you let me..."

I debate if I would tell him the rest of the story but I think the best way for me was to become honest with him. "Uhm, there's more."

"More?" The shock on his face was understandable. "What do you mean?"