Chapter : One

Maya

"Hey! Congrats! You made it into the Quins University and that too in Law.Well, if someday my company gets into trouble then I will be sure to ask you for help." Said Jake

Jake is my favorite customer of all time not only because of him I was promoted as a team manager but also I made a lot of sale at the shop by the way it is not just a shop but a shoe shop.

Thanks to him, he bought a lot of shoes for his company employees that we were afraid we would be unable to meet the demands but
fortunately, I made the order online and pressurized them with my outstanding attitude that is very difficult to describe.

At difficult times I would mold myself into the situation and bring out the positive change and never give up. I guess this
is my specialty which my dad really appreciates about me. I thanked Jake on the way and promised to help him in future.

Oh well, I haven't had a degree yet and I am already being hired... wow lucky me.... What more can I ask for?

I walked around the shop to see if everything is okay with the sale girls because sometimes they can get really rough on each other.

As I was instructing one of them about the invoices of a new delivery, my phone vibrated and check to see who was bothering me.

It was my mother.

I can't deal with her now because I know what it's about and I turn off the phone.

I walked upstairs to the office which contain of three transparent glass tables with personal computer for each of the worker as in the owners and me.

I am the manager so I am given the table to take care of the invoices and given the responsibility of managing sale girls salary.

My cabin is located by the window while my boss and his wife are located by the front door.

A narrow pathway which leads me to my table and on one side of the narrow path there is a big open rack which contains taxes, invoices and personal items for my bosses.

The landline at my desk ring and snaps me out of my thoughts. I pray silently to hope it isn't mother because I don't want her to ruin my best day of life and that is also after very long.

I nervously picked up the
phone and waited for familiar thick accent to burst through but thanked God it never did. Instead a strong French accent person was speaking and relief set in.

"Hi! Luis" I said in a nervous tone.

Luis is the owner of shoe shop; he is a kind boss and has the heart of gold. He take cares of his employees as if they are his family members but if he finds any fault, you don't even want to imagine what a monster he becomes.

In some ways, our personalities resemble quite a lot though.

Luis's wife is a Canadian they had recently came to Canada to settle for good, to establish his father-in-law shop all over the country as it was left in his wife's
inheritance.

Luis by law is still a French man, who is helping his wife with shops. He is such a great guy and I do admire him for his professionalism and work ethics.
He is the kind of person that make things easy and simple but fair and square in business dealings.

"So I heard today is your last day" he spoke through my thoughts

"And so I was thinking why not you, Rebecca and I go out for dinner, you know little farewell party before you scoot off to your adventure of stressful life"

My emotions were starting to build up and I just "hmm-ed" at everything.

"How does it sound, you free tonight" Luis spoke softly like as if being afraid of getting rejected, I gather up the courage and spoke

"Yeah sure I will see you tonight, Luis and thank you so much for inviting."

"No, thank you for not rejecting me and for second I felt like..."

I broke midway through him "I know what you mean, but yeah I will see you where"

"Hmm! The French restaurant that opened nearby shop no16"

By the time I was finished with input of invoices and taxes into the computer I was drenched in tiredness and my black wrist watch showed ten o'clock.

I quicken my pace to clear up everything before leaving the spot for a new manager and double checked and closed the shop for the night before going on a dinner date with Luis and his wife Rebecca.

The dinner date was not a dinner but an electric shock that didn't seem to stop but recharge again as what Rebecca told me.

Today, seemed like the luckiest day of my life, I thought if I had wished for something else it would have been granted. But alas, I am grateful that my devotion, motivation and inspiration toward the shop has not gone in vain because Mr. Walt, the original owner and Rebecca dearest father has left some of his property as in one shop for me.

So by law and everything else, I am the owner of a shop, a shop. I screamed in my head and was so happy at the fact that he had thought about me like that, as if I was his family.

As I held the paper in my hand and read each sentence as if I don't understand anything. I smiled to myself at what I owned that my parents couldn't do in such a long period of time. I walked in the dark streets with help of moon, stars and post lamps. I couldn't devour the facts unfolding in such less time; I couldn't wait to break the news to my family and started jogging despite the tiredness of the day.

By reaching home, the tiredness and happiness of the day was to be bombed by the situation in my home. My parents were screaming despite my presence at the front door and soon I realized the reason of their fight. It was the same old topic but now with little variation as to why I had gotten admission. When they are short on money and their top priority now is to save money for another restaurant. I was astounded at her indifference and tears were pooling in my eyes and I wished to be Mr. Walt daughter instead.

She noticed me and came across to only to slap me on my face for getting admission at university which I deserve even when I had ace my previous exams.

I couldn't hold it anymore and tears started to drip off my face. I wasn't surprise at her act because it wasn't the first time she has done that, I am used to it. The fact that my father was just staring at my situation and looking indifferent was painful. The tears were from his indifferent behavior which I didn't expect because this whole universe and God is the witnessed that I deserve this. I waited for it and did it on my own.

I hit the floor and cry silently at that moment I could have burst with boiling anger and could have said the stuff that would have worsen the situation but I
didn't because I knew I couldn't after all they're my parents and after sometime I would have regretted it. I cried pathetically in front of them as if I had done some heinous crime. Mentally shaking myself I workup the courage and walked upstairs
to my room. And I cried until my eyes were swollen and hurting from the pain as my heart was experiencing again and again.

Salam and Hello guys....its me sohai...

So the first chapter is up and if u r seeing this then that mean u read which means I would like to know wat u think ....

I know nothing much happened in the first chapter but there r gud things that r on the way....so if u want to know than please add it to ur reading list ...

Please do vote

Comment

Message

And share this with friends or whoever that reads....

Zooming out...

The sky is filled with many stars and you can grab it one at a time.