Chapter : 18

Enzo

My hands felt the urge to touch her and when I did she felt soft under my skin, those cheeks by God were getting cherry red under those tears. When she noticed, I joked but she tore my hand and got up to walk.

I stopped her in her track by my husky voice

"That's cheating! Sit back now it's my turn to ask twenty questions"

"Not now Black" she said "it's about time I go pray and makes us some snacks."

Brown touching her eyes

"ahhhh....all that tears drain me out."

She quickens her pace so that I don't stop her with more questions.

In the meantime, I read the book that was on nightstand which was left by her with little note inside showing her concern that it will help me sleep better.

I was midway, when I heard the door crack opened, with her head sticking then disappearing again.

Finally when she came back in, I saw her headscarf in neck before that she had it tightly around her head. She came in with a tray that was holding two cups and some snacks. She kicked the door with her foot and scurried toward the empty space on the bed.

"I made us some English tea" she spoke "Do you like tea or coffee?

"I am not a fan of caffeine" I said politely "but that doesn't mean I can't try."

"Then you will probably hate this" she said while scrunching her nose and placing the teacups.

"Why were you wearing your scarf like that? I mean before you came in you had it on head tightly" I asked curiously.

"Do I have to answer this" while licking the cream off the biscuit.

"Na! But curiosity kill the cat" I sipped the tea and found it not bad.

"You know! You look funny and don't do that" I said.

"Well, my life and my rules" she said.

"Do it! You will know its taste the best like that" shoving the biscuit toward me.

I didn't wanted to make a fool out of myself so I just didn't do it.

"Do it like this" she dipped the biscuit in her tea and it fell in their. That just made me laugh, I just couldn't suppress it. So I laughed unusually loud and a lot
especially at that embarrassing blush of her.

"You laugh just like my brothers" she said quietly.

"Yeah! Where are they?" I said cheerfully and dipped a biscuit and popped it in my mouth.

"Somewhere over the rainbow" she said with obvious loneliness.

"The never returning land, they are there. Both of them, I just hope they are happy" she sipped her tea that was getting cold yet it couldn't get rid of this coldness inside our broken hearts.

"I am sorry Brown" I said.

"Black" she put the finished tea cup in the tray but before she could say anything I butt in.

"Brown! What is exactly your name?" I asked.

"Brown" she said squinting her eyes, taking back the scarf to her shoulder that has fallen and revealing half of her neck.

"It's Maya" she said "full name is Maya Ali khan"

"Woo! Don't tell me that full sentence is your name" I said shockingly.