Chapter : Nine

Maya

I walk out of the shower with wet hair which I quickly wrapped in towel. I pull over an old T-shirt and yoga pants. I looked at myself in mirror and wonder what is going to happen when I come face to face with my parents.

I decided to shove the negatives thoughts away and rather concentrate on positive thoughts.
The rule of life, if you think positive,only positive things will happen.

I walk toward the wardrobe which was located beside my bed. I started roaming through the clothes that are suitable for Sania mehndi nuptial. I picked out the yellow and white shalwar kameez since it is a traditional Pakistani occasion. The dress is perfect with high circle cut nickline, wrist length sleeves with sliver lace draped over the neckline, sleeves and shirt bottom. With that I decided to wear minimum jewelry because I don't want to look overboard. The only jewelry that is supporting is these huge earrings (Jumkay) and few glass bangles.

When I was finished with my clothes and was satisfy enough I decided to leave my hair open since it I look nice after the shower. I quickly straighten out the bottom that had some curls and dab some light make-up.

Xxxxxxxxx

When I reached the wedding hall, I was welcome by loud Indian music that just matched the occasion. There were a lot more people than I expected and most of them...no... all of them seem strangers.

I went up to the stage where Sania and her soon to be a husband were sitting.

I congratulate both of them and gave her a gift that I knew she would like.

Everywhere I look it was shining with colorful lights, with kids running here and there after each other. Just the way how Pakistani wedding is.

Young girls dress in yellow, red, orange and green were taking turns in showcasing their dance
talent. I was just enjoying the moment until Sania threw me off guard by pushing me to the center of dance floor. As music begins I started to dance until I froze at the sight of my mother right in front of me. My hands that were in the air, flew down automatically and she hissed angrily

"You look quite happy".

I replied cold-heartedly

"Yes, so".

She couldn't tolerate my misbehavior and without taking into consideration of the occasion she slapped me hard that I thought for second I had gone deaf with all that ringing and buzzing in my ears.

Hot, Fresh tears swell in my eyes but I couldn't tolerate more embarrassment by crying pathetically in front of thousands of strangers who knew me quite well. So I ran straight out of the hotel and kept running while hot tears streaming from my eyes.

I stop at one of the dark alley to catch my breath when I heard somebody giving order to someone to beat a person and change his beautiful face into something, this was what I could decipher from their talk. When I peek into the alley I saw five guys beating the shit out of the person who by now probably have broken bones, ribs and teeths. It wasn't in me to watch such inhumanity and so without thinking twice I screamed

"police...Police ...Police"

As they heard that they started
to runaway like bunch of dirty flies.

Helllo....guys....I am hopeful....that this book is going to get more views with time....

Sometimes all we have is hope to hang onto....