Chapter : Eleven

Maya

Shaking him violently, fearing that he is dead. I quickly took one of his wrist to check the pulse and thankfully he is alive.

I search for my phone to call a cab, realizing I am wearing nothing but shalwar/kameez and to my utter stupidity I forgot my coat and purse back at the hall.

These clothes are nothing against this December cold. My hands are getting icy,rubbing them together to produce body heat so I don't get frozen fingers.

I glance at his limp body and thought to check his pockets he must have his phone.

When I touch him he is cold as ice under the thin layer of clothing which is probably wet from the blood.

I started searching his pockets for the phone but shit, he didn't have any.

I had to think fast but my brain just stop functioning as if it had became a three year old, with no clue or what so ever as what to do.

Anxiety over taking me, trembling in fear as ugly thoughts  worm into my brain. I had to shake it off because I hate it when I am out of control. I have to have everything planned out and go smoothly with it.

My teeth's chattering non-stop and if we stayed here any longer we might get hypothermia in the dumpsters.

There was no hum of the cars or human activities just a dark night with faraway faint sound of the wind.

I got into action and try to manage to uplift his body but to my surprise he wasn't even that heavy. I carry him on my back like a ragged doll. Even though he was easy to maneuver I still had trouble after all I am a women and I couldn't stabilize
to carry him all the way to my apartment. I was taking breaks and heavy breaths in-between to continue my camel journey to my destination.

As I piggyback drag him, his cold body rubbing against mine which is helping both of us in a way to give off warmth to each other.

His heart,drumming against
my back and  sending shivers through my veins. I have never experience such a weird feeling, it felt strange. I really don't know how to explain it. This foreign feeling which I couldn't comprehend.

After sometime I felt something like rain drops which turn out to be his tears on my shoulder that
shook me to the core. This is how a person should be. To show and express all the emotions they feel without any restriction.

Xxxxxxxxxxxx

When I finally reached my apartment, I kick open the door and dragged him to the spare bedroom. I placed him on my bed with all of my remaining energy as so I don't drop and hurt him.

I went to the living room to call my friend Rajiv who is also a doctor to check on his condition. He came after thirty minutes and quickly got to his work.

He was my customer who later became a friend and personal doctor. Rajiv cleans the guy wound with alcohol, stitched some of his deep wounds and band aid some. Rajiv later informs me of the few broken ribs and the muscles in the arms  wounded badly to the bones but thankfully no major surgery is required. It's just that he would probably need few weeks to heal and finally he is unconscious, not dead.

Rajiv left after treating him, explaining some of the medication for him to get him cure fast and back on his feet.

Relief and tiredness swept over me and I decided to take care of everything else tomorrow. I went to my bed and just dropped dead into the mattress.

Hiiiiiii...