Chapter : twelve

Enzo

I woke up to the same clinking melodic sound and along with that pain, resurfacing from the last night attack.

Every cell in my body is in pain, my arms feels like they are chopped off.

As soon as I try to move, the pain passes over me again and again which makes it impossible to move.

It dawns on me that this is not a hospital but rather someone  house.

The walls of the room are a mixture of grey and white. A wardrobe in front of the bed and to the left of the wardrobe is a dressing table and to the right of wardrobe is a door to living room.

I close my eyes for a while but I sense someone presence in the room.

My eyes snap opens, tracing the source of intruder. It is then my eyes falls on a girl going through a pile of laundry. She looks spectacular in that white/green/ sliver dress, with her long hair open behind her back.

She walks to the dressing table and start taking off her jewelry, placing them in boxes which are orderly arranged on her vanity table.

She stares at herself in the mirror while her hands are going through her face over and over as if she has gotten filth on her face.

She begin speaking in a different language with minimum English words...like deserve, daughter...finally,she breaks down in tears and cries while her head resting on table in sitting position.

After a while she stops crying, with towel and clothes in her hand she walks out of the room while her bloodstain back remains itch in my head.

Somewhat later, she reappears again to blow dry her hair in front of the mirror. I observe her every action until I hear myself  painfully calling

"Excuse me!"

She turns around quickly with her eyes glue on me and I realize it's the same girl.

She quietly paced around the room, standing by the side of bed and demands

"Give me your parents' phone number. So your parents can take you home".

She harshly states.

I answer her painfully "Well, you can contact this number."

As I told her the number, she punchs in and holds the phone to my right ear.

The ring is going and I was about to tell her when I heard Nurse Sonia squeaky voice.

"Darling! Everything went fine. I had done everything you told me".

As she pause I swallowed the pain when she said quietly

"Listen! Enzo. I am so sorry that
I couldn't go to the hostel to meet you because today itself I am moving to the State with my family. I am so sorry that I can't be much of a help but I promise you when I comeback I will surely try to hook up with you".

I felt the tears forming

"Listen Enzo! I have locked your house and the keys are in the red shoes in the shoe rack. When you have the chance, please retrieve it."

The lump that has already formed couldn't go away as if it had become a stone at that place.
She hungs up the phone,she watches me cry pathetically infront of her. The tears that are dripping off my eyes are  blurring my vision.

When she puts the phone down, she questions

"so are they coming?"

I whispered hoarsely "no! No one is coming; especially from that place where you can't bring a soul back".