Chapter : Eight

Enzo

That was awesome debate. The toughest opponent ever in the
history of this semester debates. The way she responds to the question was almost intimidating and scary that was when I lost some points. The way she spoke as if she is going to kill the shit out of me if I didn't answer.

But hey!! I also gave her
the toughest competition so I didn't mind losing to her  that much.

I try to throw her out of my mind by distracting myself through washing and drying the cups but she would worm her way in my brain as if she owns it. I was
preoccupied with the way she spoke so confidently without giving a shit to people around her.

I place the mugs in rightful places and shake my head once more to stop being so obsessive over nothing.

Okayed!!! I know she was good...

Damn it,really really good.

I walked inside the kitchen to sip some water and to gather myself.
Today, at this time I wasn't suppose to be working but I took double shift because next two weeks,I will be studying for my exams to compensate for that.

As I walked out of the kitchen, I saw her coming in but she didn't notice and so I walk backward to avoid encountering. I decided to go to toilet even when I didn't need.

When I came back in she was sitting in corner, eating some burger and sipping her drink.

My eyes were kept on drifting toward her as I thought of her as my toughest competitor.

Some time passed, as I was absorb in my own work and didn't notice her in front of me until she requested for a cake slice with her tense eyes glue to the phone and paid.

She returned to her seat without looking away from her phone so
obviously she didn't notice me.

Thanks to the customers who kept me busy during the whole time despite her overwhelming presence. I looked at her when she was typing quickly and suddenly she dart up and then down to continue her work.

When I looked up again, I realize
she had left. Suddenly I didn't feel like working because ummm duh she was not here.

After finishing my shift at star bucks I walk in the heavy snow of November to my dorm and deep down there I felt warm somehow. When I reached my dorm, I was greeted by my bed to sleep.

When I woke up, Lawrence was nowhere to be seen and thanked god that I have the room to myself. At least I would be able to study without his overbearing presence.

My first exam is in two days and I am on the verge to finish my notes. I am basically done with memorization but I have to revise twice more before I get the
feel of it.

I was so deeply involved in my studies that when I looked out the window it was already dark and my stomach spam due to hunger pangs. I decided to change my study space as I couldn't get enough connections to my surroundings. I thought of
eating at the café near the library. After finishing my dinner I went to the library, and wow like seriously wow it was like as if I was at a Selena Gomez concert in the library but only with books.

I walked to the table with single seating because when you sit with others, they become the reason of distractions. Anyway I like this table since it was like phone booth but with no roof and the good thing was nobody could see what you were doing. I spent the next four hours, wearing out my brain with laws laws and laws until the library buzzed to be clear out to close.

On my way back to the dorm, I felt proud of me because I am confident, prepared and actually looking forward to the exam.

The minute I walked into my dorm I fell on my bed and doze off to sleep.