Chapter: 16

Enzo

I woke up to the jasmine scent all over me until it registers me that I was in fresh, crisp black and dark blue check-print T-shirt with buttons wide open revealing half of my chest and these black shorts that seemed like as if they are made for me.

I noticed the time, six in the morning and I felt the urge to use the bathroom. Now my legs were getting better but a little wobbly from pain as I walked to the toilet and with each step I took I felt the pain re-emerge.

As I pushed opened the door, the fresh chemical fragrant hit me in the head and that's when I watch her, bend over the sink, washing her face. And before she could even notice I step back and waited until I heard her close the door rather quietly.

As soon as she was out, I noticed she does have some OCD because everything was so clean and tidy that it seemed like it has never been touched. I didn't really pay attention before because back then I wasn't really in a state to pay attention to such things. It was enough that I didn't ask her to help me do this and as I walked back I felt my eyes getting heavy like as if I am some kind of sleeping beauty who wakes up to eat and shit.

So this wasn't how I intended on spending my holidays. I had thought of doing some part-time work at the law firm or take up some jobs to earn extra cash. But here I was beaten up to the soul and recovering from it with the help of some stranger whom I know distantly. Who had helped me in coping with my mother demise in an unknowing way?

A stranger with whom I undeniably feel at ease who I want to discover in my own way and want to be sure if she will ever let me.