Chapter: Fourteen

Enzo

That touch almost flipped everything inside of me. It has been ages since she has left yet it feels like her touch is rewinding. She makes me feel giddy with happiness. I like the way she blushed when I asked her to help me eat and I don't know why but I feel like I have eaten this before when dad was alive.

Whenever I return from work or school there used to be food on the table from Dad's little friend who was either from India or Pakistan and the smell would be just killing.

After dad's death, she used to come and leave the food but one day when she insisted Nurse Sonia. Sonia told her about dad and she ran away with food. From then on she never came neither did the food.

 I never met her because when I was around she never came because that's when dad was out but when dad was in I was never around. So she would come around and spend her time with dad. I really don't know how they came about because the only thing that dad would ever say was "She has brought us dinner".

The taste and the way it was decorated are all the same but that doesn't mean it's her. I look at the walls and thought how I had forgotten about mom as if she didn't exist but surely she is in whole a lot different world and how one day somebody is going to replace her.

It was four in the afternoon when I woke up screaming in pain. The pain in my stomach, reliving harder each time and she burst in with a horrified face, her head covered with a black scarf which she wore all day around her neck.

"What's wrong? Are you in pain?" she questioned as she advanced toward me.

"My stomach is killing me and I can't sleep because of it. These clothes are sticky and they stink. Everything is killing me right now."

I finished painfully while she went out to get a glass of water. She forced the pills down my throat and helps me relax. The tension in her eyes grew more when she touched my forehead.

"You are hot"

She surprised me with that comment until "I will go get you some clothes and ice and turmeric milk"

Now the headscarf has fallen from head revealing her brown hair in a messed braid. She walked out to get some clothes and toss them on the bed and placed a rag and ice on the nightstand. 

She stood there, didn't know where to start when she was sure where to. She started with small buttons on my T-shirt and expertly opened them one by one only to reveal the black T-shirt underneath it. She took off the star bucks' uniform but didn't know how to take it off without hurting me.

"I am going to cut it otherwise" without waiting for my permission she took the scissors and tore it in between only to reveal my creamy skin covered in dark red bruises. She looked as if she had seen this before because her reaction tells a lot. I watched her get into action as she dipped the rag in ice-cold water and slowly rubbed it around my body while the sedative took over me.