3

"Run! Run!"

It was chaos all around me. Some crazy guy had set the gay bar on fire. I was following behind Fidel and Miguel. We were at the front of the bar. There were a bunch of other people. We looked out the doors. There were people out there. There were a group of people. They were dressed in all black.

"Help! HELP US!" Miguel was screaming out.

That was when someone next to Miguel, another gay boy shook his head, "They aren't going to help us. They did this. They fucking did this!"

At that moment it became clear the boy was right!

People had barred the door. They had barred the door of the fucking gay bar and were standing behind the glass doors watching. Smoke filled the entire room.

I looked behind me to realize that I lost Fidel. When I turned around I noticed him wrestling with the bartender. The bartender was the one who lit the fire. Everyone was trying to get out but somehow Fidel was trying to get even.

I watched as he punched the bartender throwing him on the ground and pinning him there. There was smoke everywhere.

I started to cough.

"Fidel!" I found myself screaming.

It was useless! The room was filled with smoke. People were screaming. The fire had spread across the bar and was making it's way towards us. The smoke was so heavy that I could hardly breathe at this moment.

I could hear crying to my right. Towards the door Miguel and the others were trying to break down the barricade that was keeping us in there.

It was useless.

That was when I noticed the fire making it's way towards Fidel. Fidel was too busy fighting the man who set the fire that he didn't even notice.

"Fidel!" I screamed again.This time I did more than just scream. I ran towards Fidel grabbed him by his shoulders and pulled him away. Just at that a moment a part of the roof started to cave in. Rubble fell where Fidel was before. Luckily I had got him out of the way just in time.

Fidel didn't even seem aware. He was pissed. I could see the look in his eyes.

"He's running. He's running away."

Fidel was right. The guy who had set the fire had started running the opposite way out of the bar. He was running through the back. He was an young Spanish guy, not particularly handsome but had a very burly look about him. He started out the back immediately, making his way past the fire that spreading across the dance floor.

Smoke filled my lungs as Fidel shook himself away fro me. I could see just how pissed and upset he was. Someone had just fucking attacked us.

"Follow him!" I screamed out, "He knows a way out!"

I had screamed it as loud as I possibly could. Luckily the other gay guys who were in the bar at the front heard me too. They all turned around to see what I was talking about. We were running with him, chasing the man down. The man must have not noticed that we were chasing him.

Either that or his own life mattered more than having us burn in this gay bar. He led us to the back and through a very slim tunnel to a back entrance of the bar.

We were outside!

That was when I realized a truck was there.It was more of the men in black. The Spanish man hopped into the back of the pickup truck and started to drive off. I watched Fidel as Fidel desperately chased the truck down. He had so much intent. I was actually scared for him when he made this incredible jump to get onto the pickup truck before it pulled off too far. He jumped on the truck. At that moment I saw the words spray painted on the back of the truck. . It was sprayed in bright red letters. Fidel lunged at the truck with so much anger in him. And he barely missed.