Chapter 51 - Toby

"Your friends are here." Jane said, standing so close to my side her shoulder brushed my arm. "They're on the patio. The obnoxious one wants a menu."

My lips twitched up unto a smile, ever since she met the guys she refused to refer to Mark by his name. I couldn't entirely blame her, he was obnoxious.

"How many tables you have left?" She asked.

"I just cashed out seven and two just sat, I was about to take them waters." I answered, counting out the change to the bill.

Jane checked her watch, flicking the long portion of her hair backward with her other hand.

"You can be cut, I'll grab two."

"Are you sure?"

She nodded. "You can take care of your friends. I'll leave my numbers right here."

I laughed, starting the process of cashing out. I grabbed my receipts and a menu and headed for the patio. I shoved the door open, the sun still shining even though it was getting late.

"It's about time asshole." Mark said in way of greeting as he snatched the menu out of my hand.

I greeted Lars with a fist bump, my other hand resting on Perrin's shoulder as I took the seat between them.

"Where's Dylan?" I asked.

"His step mom found cigarettes in his car, took his keys." Lars informed.

"He smokes? Since when?" I started sorting through my receipts while we talked.

"They were mine dipshit, left them in there the other day." Mark answered. "I want the Rueben and a coke."

"Did you tell his step mom?" I could see Lars shaking his head out of the corner of my eye.

"Why would he do that? He'd have to stop being a dick for once." Lars muttered.

Mark laughed, slapping the menu down on top of my receipts. "He'll live."

"Anyone else want anything?" I asked, opting for a change in subject before Lars could counter back.

"Water." Lars said.

"Where's the bathroom?" Perrin asked.

"Come on, I'll show you."

I shoved my chair back, Perrin following. I wasn't entirely sure it was the best idea to leave Lars and Mark together alone but I was hoping I had enough faith in Lars to handle himself. I leaned my back into the door, allowing Perrin to walk into the cafe first. We were greeted with the sound of Jane's laughter filling the cafe.

"Bathrooms right over here." I said, pointing to the short hallway with a unisex bathroom at the end.

"I uh...I don't actually need to go. I wanted to ask you something and I need to do it now so I can stop freaking out." Perrin said, his eyes focused on his shoes.

"Alright, shoot."

I already had a good idea what the topic was going to be about, to some degree at least. I'd be stupid not to realize why he separated us from Mark and Lars. Lars apparently hadn't told him yet that he knew.

"Damn it." Perrin muttered. "Aiden...I mean would you...just...god." He blew out a frustrated breath. "He's annoyed I haven't officially introduced him to anyone and I don't know." He scratched at the back of his neck nervously. "I was thinking maybe I could introduce him to you, first."

"Of course man." I squeezed his shoulder his eyes lifting for the first time. "I told you, I got you."

Relief washed over him, his whole body relaxing as his mouth twitched up into a smile.