Chapter 67 -Toby

The minute I stepped in the door, I was greeted by Stella and unending slew of questions. I was tired from staying up late into the morning, crashing on Perrin's couch as the sun started to rise. My plan when I got home was to go back to sleep for a few hours before my shift at the cafe but Stella and Olivia had other plans.

I was smashed between them on the couch, Olivia's arm linked through mine, her head rested on my shoulder. It was an awkward position but one that wasn't completely out of the norm. Olivia had always been a little on the friendly side, maybe it was just me but it seemed to be increasing as time went.

"You should invite her over, right now." Stella said for the millionth time.

I blew out a sigh, rubbing my tired eyes. "I have to go to work in a couple hours."

"I'm not saying so she can hang out with you."

I wasn't ready for Stella to meet Faith. She'd sniff out my lie so fast and I needed to tell Faith the truth first. I just wasn't sure I could yet.

"You'll meet her eventually." I mumbled.

"Just cool it Stella." Olivia said from where she was snuggled up to my side. I wondered if I could leave yet. "Maybe she's not even worth it."

And with that I shoved myself off the couch, Olivia muttering something as she slumped into the hole I created.

"She is worth it." My voice came out harsher than it probably needed too and because of that it gave away just how much I liked Faith. I shook my head, turning toward Stella. I wouldn't say Olivia pissed me off but she had definitely annoyed me and Stella knew it.

"What's this I hear about you wanting another dog?" She asked, changing the subject.

"Eddy needs a friend." I folded my arms across my chest, staring down at the black dog falling off his dog bed.

Stella followed my gaze, her head bobbing a little. "I agree."

"So help me convince mom. Dad's already on my side."

She cocked her head to the side, her hazel eyes scrutinizing me. Probably trying to figure out my angle. I tried keeping my face as neutral as possible.

"Alright, I'll try."

A smile pulled at the corner of my lips. If I had Stella helping, my mom would cave in no time.

I left Stella and Olivia in the living room, falling into my bed face first. I felt Eddy's hot breath on the side of my face, his tongue lapping at my cheek.

"If you weren't so fat you could get up here on your own you know."

He whined, dancing back and forth on his feet as he wagged his tail. I rolled my eyes, caving per usual.

"Come on, help me out." I mumbled, standing up to get him on my bed.

I lifted his front end first, a wild grin spread across his face as he watched me from the reflection in the window. I took a deep breath, bending my knees as I wrapped my arms around his belly. On my exhale I hefted the rest of him onto my bed, the fat blob waddled around until he plopped his butt right on my pillow.

"Ya know, my head goes there." I told him.

He let out a "hmpf"settling into position, his eyes already closing as the sun warmed his black fur. I watched for a minute, wondering how exactly I was going to manage a nap with Edward Cullen spread out in my bed. Letting out a yawn, I climbed onto the bed anyway, using Eddy as my pillow seems how he had mine. I drifted off to sleep in a matter of minutes to the sound of his snoring.