16 love and war

It's love being a part of the war as the enemy took the form of our commitments and those commitments became barriers then we destroyed barriers  so they shuffled back to nothingness as we tried tried and tried a little bit more until our sadness became too worn to catch up on our remedies .
We're two people
We signed up for this
But this was not the "this" we thought it will be .
It's burdensome ..
The delusional connections are troublesome.
A conceived light thread connecting my chest to his ;Held us together for a good three years,
But the distance in between was long enough for our batteries to die so the illumination  smoldered.
Speaking of how up and down our relationship was with our demons....
There was more of this story to be written
More to be told to our children ;that will arrive once we find adequate peace to hold truce with this life .
Where two or more are gathered God shall surely be ; and we wanted twins, in the hope that a team of four can redeem what has been broken before .

People saw how glamorous and fancy we lived
They were seeing what they wished to have
And when it was time for them to witness what's behind our mask they turned their faces..

Time for bed..for loneliness ...
Don't ask me what I'm thinking about ..
Ask me what I'm not thinking about...
Until the next time we'll meet again ; so we can safely say we've slayed our demons.

Writer's note: this piece is dedicated to those who face the weight of life commitments in which they're deprived from being normal humans.