Chapter 1

Chapter 1 \\ Scorose - My Father Won't Hear About This \\ WICELA

Disclaimer: I do not own the Harry Potter series nor everything that comes with it. The rights go to J.K. Rowling. The only thing I own are the plotholes in her stories that I filled with my imagination.

Updated: November 6 (2016)

•  •  •

"Come on Rose! The train will be gone if you keep eating your breakfast as slow as you do now!" Hermione Weasley, considered the smartest witch alive, couldn't figure out why her daughter was acting like this. Her mood had been changing from hot to cold and she'd been the most unpredictable person as she was more quiet this summer holiday than she'd ever been in her whole life. What had been bothering her and why didn't she want to talk about it?

"Maybe she's afraid of the future? Her last year at Hogwarts will begin soon and after that, who knows what will happen?" her husband Ron Weasley said to her when she walked into the kitchen. When she saw his face, she knew he was trying to convince himself too that this was actually the problem. They both knew something was wrong.

"Rose, if you aren't going to eat that, can I have it?" they heard their son Hugo ask Rose in the dining room.

"No! Can't anyone leave me alone right now?" Rose snapped. Hugo held his hands up and walked towards the kitchen. Ron patted his shoulder and walked to Rose.

"No, we can't leave you alone, because the train will not wait for you," he said, while he sat down at the table. It helped a bit, because Rose started eating her sandwich a bit quicker.

"Huge, are you sure you don't know either what's happening to Rose? Has she told you something? I'm really worried about her and I get the 'sibling-bond' you guys have, but she's clearly not well and...I just want to help her," Hermione said. She took the car keys and they walked towards the car.

"Well, the only thing she said was something about her enemy being Head Boy," Hugo said shrugging, like he didn't know what that meant either.

"Her enemy?" Hermione asked. She knew something about her rivalry with a certain someone, but calling him her enemy...that would maybe go a bit far, wouldn't it?

"Scorpius Malfoy, of course!" Hugo exclaimed, staring disbelievingly to her. Rose really called Scorpius Malfoy her enemy? Didn't she know that Ron had been - partly - teasing her to be better than Scorpius Malfoy? The war was long over, the Malfoys weren't their enemies anymore and he certainly shouldn't be Rose's enemy.

"I will look after her, mum, don't worry!" Hugo said when he saw his mother's worried face.

"You're only fifteen, Huge, and he's seventeen or something! Besides, I don't want you duelling with him - or anyone for that matter if not for school purposes. You're just a boy, Hugo, I don't like to think you're duelling as much as Rose tried to at your age," Hermione said. Her worried face became worse. Hugo had always been a quiet boy; his grades were okay, he never really asked for much attention and he was in the Quidditch team without acting like he was ten times better than everyone else. Rose, however, had been extraordinary smart and competitive. She never found someone who could really outsmart her - not counting her mother - until Scorpius Malfoy came along. He had the whole package; a great Quidditch player, the good looks, the popularity, the brains and the girls - many girls. He was the one who made being smart sexy and Rose really, really didn't like that. People thought of her as the opposite of sexy - which had been kind of ironic, as she was totally the opposite of Scorpius Malfoy and they called him sexy - but Rose just hated that people were underestimating her. So she started duelling with Scorpius Malfoy. It had started when she hexed him somewhere in a busy corridor and before she realised, they were duelling. The only downside was the fact that Rose wasn't the best dueller - Scorpius however, was great of course. A few bruises was enough for their parents to order them to stop. This didn't really stop them, but it helped a bit.