Chapter 4

Chapter 4 \\ Scorose - My Father Won't Hear About This \\ WICELA

Disclaimer: I do not own the Harry Potter series nor everything that comes with it. The rights go to J.K. Rowling. The only thing I own are the plotholes in her stories that I filled with my fantasies.

Updated: June 22 (2017)

•  •  •

Rose hadn't noticed anyone as excited for the dance as her - which was totally something that she wasn't used to. All the other years she had declared it as something that stood in the way of her precious study time, plus, why even bother going without a date? It was something that excited Lily so much too. Never ever had she been able to drag her cousin along to something like this and now she was volunteering? That was amazing!

"But," Rose asked as they were in Hogsmeade searching for accessories, "who's your date, Lils?"

"I don't have a date, actually. I go with some friends of mine, we are each others date!" Lily said excitingly. She held a pair of earrings up to show to Rose, but Rose nodded her head. No, these weren't the kind of earrings that would fit nicely with her dress.

"That sounds fun!" Rose said, while looking at all the bracelets she saw. 

"It does, doesn't it? It's something I've only been suggesting for years now, Rose," Lily answered with a laugh.

"I just...fell right into that one, didn't I?" Rose laughed softly. The two of them looked around for a while before Lily started talking again.

"It's just strange to think that next year, you all will be gone," Lily said in a timid voice. Rose hadn't realised this herself. This was her last dance, but also her last year at Hogwarts. Every little thing she would do this year, she would do it for the last time.

"You'll have the twins tho," Rose said, "and perhaps we'll visit you at next year's dance?"

"Yeah, James said the same thing, but he didn't come last year, I don't think he'll come this year either," Lily answered softly.

"He really wanted to come, you know, with Fred, but with Fred gone...he just didn't see himself doing all those pranks on his own," Rose said laughingly.

"Like you would have approved of that tho," Lily laughed, "but I did forget that." They both sighted. There had been a time there where so many siblings of them had been at Hogwarts - they were almost able to fill their own table. The full Gryffindor table was crowded with gingers and ginger-likes. Everyone just loved them. They thought everyone was like everyone. 

As pretty as Victoire for example, who had a pretty jealous boyfriend. She told them that when Teddy was in his last year and a boy tried to flirt with Victoire, he dueled with him until all the boys realized Victoire was his girlfriend. That didn't mean they really stopped flirting, because when Teddy wasn't at Hogwarts, they still were into her. 

Or as funny as Fred, who could make the best jokes. Having uncle George as a father wouldn't really help that, though; he was a meant-to-be prankster. 

As popular as James, who really did flirt with everyone. Sometimes his own family! He always talked in this cheeky way. 

And then there was Rose. Rose, the smartest witch. They all thought she was funny, pretty and popular too, but no. No one was more disappointed than she was. Rose never knew where to leave her hands or what to say or do, so she decided to trust books instead. From time to time she could've a really good talk with James. It always seemed like when anyone wanted to talk with someone about something serious, they all went to Rose. And Rose? Rose went to Teddy, because he was really helpful and was a few years older. He was charming and smart. Rose got it why her cousin would fall for him. There was this awkward time when she was in love with him too, but Merlin's beard, that time was over. She had been eleven at the time or something? And really mad at Victoire, of course, but Teddy was just 'the older guy' around them. He'd been nineteen 'and soooo coool'. Rose looked up at her mother like crazy. She loved and admired her so much, that slowly she started to want to be her and even further. Rose was almost done with Hogwarts and then she could finally begin with reaching her goal. The goal her mother never had and the goal her mother rejected when she was offered it, but Rose wanted it. Rose wanted to become the new Minister of Magic. She would do anything to become minister. She knew she had the right family. Her mother, father, uncle Percy and uncle Harry were in good terms with the minister now, Kingsley. She also knew that in a matter of time uncle Percy would become the new minister. Maybe...it would be her turn after him.