Chapter 3

Chapter 3 \\ Scorose - My Father Won't Hear About This \\ WICELA

Disclaimer: I do not own the Harry Potter series nor everything that comes with it. The rights go to J.K. Rowling. The only thing I own are the plotholes in her stories that I filled with my imagination.

Updated: December 15 (2016)

•  •  •

The dance was right around the corner and everyone was really excited. Rose had already bought her dress together with Lily, just before school had started, and the both of them couldn't wait to wear their dresses. Normally, Rose wasn't one of those girls who liked to dress up and everything, but this dance would be her last one. However much she pretended to hate all those guys who asked their girls to the dance, she secretly loved it and was already dreaming about the wonderful evening she and Joe would have. Hopefully Malfoy wouldn't stop them...

A really strange development made her see more and more of him lately. Whenever she walked to class together with Sean and Colin, Sophia would 'coincidentally' bump into Sean and the both of them wouldn't take their eyes off each other. They were still in the awkward 'we're-not-a-couple-because-we-both-don't-dare-to-admit-we're-in-love-with-each-other'-fase. This caused Scorpius to walk with her and Colin. Maybe he was sort of, kind of a nice person to let his friend talk in private to her crush. Colin mostly took off as well to walk with Lucy, which led Rose and Scorpius to walking together. Together with a mile or three space between the two of them.

"So, I know I kindly refused your dance proposal, which was very interesting, by the way, where there other guys blind enough to accept your proposal?" Scorpius asked with a grin. He wasn't letting this thing go, neither would he let go of her trying to fix their mess. He enjoyed it far too much for Rose's taste.

"None of your business," Rose answered sturdy and she meant it. It was none of his business and she would never let her guard down by this guy, because he could be very sly. Unfortunately, instead of making an impression, Scorpius only laughed at her response.

"I guess...no then?" he laughed. When she shot him a look, he only laughed harder.

"Perhaps," Rose answered curtly. Why where they talking again?

"Rosie, love, I think it's me who has the right to be angry," Scorpius lectured her, barely holding his laughter.

"It is? Why exactly?" Rose said without thinking, ignoring his stupid nicknames for her.

"Because you insulted my family, love, and here I am, still walking next to you, talking to you and being nice," he said smiling. It was true, of course, but nonetheless irritating.

"Yeah, well, we made it up when you started bullying and blackmailing me," Rose growled. She knew she was going to lose this argument, because he came really well prepared and she was caught off guard.

"Blackmailing you? Darling really, do I blackmail you? Have I ever asked you for a favour?" Scorpius asked, trying to act shocked. This whole act he was doing, it was stupid and she wanted him to stop it.

"How about that one moment when you told me to make something up that'll do the trick in making it up to you?" Rose rebounded and she was glad she finally found something he couldn't argue with.

"Darling, darling, that's something completely different. I'm not asking you for a favour right now, am I? I'm just asking you to be realistic!" he said and in that moment, he tried his best to make it look like he was joking, while actually, he was giving her a chance to discuss what they had before, but in a more civilised manner.

"I don't think this is realistic, Malfoy. Why should I be nice? Our families don't get along, you know that, and it never will!" Rose said, fiercer than she'd meant to.

"No, that's where you are wrong. You're living in the past. Why can't you move on? When I look at you I don't think you are your mother or father, but I could," he simply answered. As if it was that simple, but it wasn't, because their parents had so many differences.

"That's because I'm not as smart as my mother, but that hasn't got anything to do with this!" she answered. She had admitted her worst fear and reality out and loud to her worst enemy. Way to go, Rose, she thought. Way to go...

"I didn't...I never intended for you to think something like that. Did you think I didn't hear stories about your family? About the Weasley's, the Potter's and all of their friends? Of course I did, but I wasn't the one judging a book by its cover. You should've realised that when Albus and I became friends," Scorpius answered. He tried to hide his frustration, but this girl...what was she doing to him?

"I didn't judge you as well, but that was before you bullying me, flirting with me and suddenly becoming Head Boy to torture me," Rose grumbled again. This wasn't the way it was supposed to go. She remembered getting the letter saying she was Head Girl and in five blessed minutes she was romanticising this whole idea by dreaming about her Head Boy...until she realised that of course he would be Head Boy and ruining everything for her.

"So, I bullied you, you bullied me too, Weasley. Boo-hoo, get over it. You very well know how most girls like it when I bully slash flirt with them. You're just very temperamental. Besides, how in any way did me being Head Boy change everything? You should've realised that if you were to become Head Girl, they would offer me Head Boy. We both are top of the class," Scorpius said. The both of them had stopped walking, because they were close to where they needed to be.

"It wasn't meant to be, okay? I'm Head Girl and in my story, she falls for the Head Boy, but no way in hell that's going to happen so please shut up already," Rose said. Scorpius had laughed a little when she'd said that.

"I know you're Head Girl, but — by the way, why haven't I seen you during the meetings?" he asked her. He frowned and she went immediately mad again.

"Some people need that time to learn! I talked about this with Professor Longbottom and everything will be alright. Soon enough I'll join the meetings — not that it's any of your business," she said, trying to hold her breath, trying to be calm.

"It is my business as I am Head Boy and we're supposed to communicate! I'm sorry I'm not the guy of your dreams or your stories, why do you even bother me with this?" Scorpius rumbled. As soon as Rose had calmed down, it seemed like Scorpius had taken her anger over.

"Because it's the story of my parents, it's the story of my uncle's parents and..." she started, not even knowing why she was admitting such a thing.

"But you're not them, you're someone else!" Scorpius said frustrated. This all sounded way too personal to discuss with Malfoy, Rose thought.

"Don't talk to me like you know me!" Rose screamed. Instead of giving Scorpius a chance to answer, she turned around and bumped into Joe.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Joe asked softly, noticing her obvious anger, but he didn't get his answer. Instead, their lips met. Rose was completely unprepared, but was surprised by what happened. She didn't mean to do this, but they were standing so close to each other, she felt like she didn't had another option and she liked it. When he, sadly, pulled away, he sighted.

"I'm okay now," Rose said and she smiled. Joe grabbed her hand and without even thinking about what happened before, Rose walked towards the classroom.

The word about Rose's and Joe's new relationship quickly spread around. In only a few days — or hours maybe? — the whole school had been made aware of what had happened and for once, Rose was happy. She didn't have to speak to Scorpius again and Joe was incredibly sweet. He wasn't her Head Boy fantasy, but this was even better. This was the right story, her own story. Scorpius had been right, of course, they both weren't replica's of their parents, and she couldn't claim her weird talk on her period, unfortunately. What was it with her when she talked to him? She always said completely the wrong things even though she didn't mean to. She was even more tactless than her dad had ever been! How could she be this cold, when her parents were so warm and accepting? Of course Rose would never apologise, because for one, it was Malfoy and two, she would only be talking more and more nonsense. Besides, even if she wanted to, Joe wouldn't let her. He was such a great guy to protect her from him. Now she could look forward to the dance with her boyfriend, which was actually so much more romantic than going with the first person who would ask her. This dance...it was going to be perfect!