Chapter 7

Chapter 7 \\ Scorose - My Father Won't Hear About This \\ WICELA

Disclaimer: I do not own the Harry Potter series nor everything that comes with it. The rights go to J.K. Rowling. The only thing I own are the plotholes in her stories that I filled with my fantasies.

Updated: September 14 (2017)

•  •  •

It was that time of year again that the Burrow looked even smaller than it already was. There was a big party tent in the garden with an invisible roof and a big clock on it. Inside the Burrow was a big table with all the food on it and everyone was invited in, before they went into the garden. Rose had been cleaning that garden with her brother and cousins for the whole afternoon. After that she'd quickly changed into a nice, lime green dress and her mother had done her hair. She had been nervous all day, even picking flowers to guess whether he would come or not. Every time someone new was standing in the doorway, Rose had been disappointed, but someone new was at the door now and her cousin Lily had opened the door.

"Rose!" she exclaimed, "your guests are here!" and she run away. Rose's heart was beating so fast as she walked towards the door. Breathe, she told herself, just breathe.

"Rose!" an enthusiastic voice said, but it wasn't the one she had been hoping for. What? Of course she'd been hoping for Joe, like, wow, what was she even thinking?

"Joe!" she said, trying to sound as enthusiastic as him, but as soon as he gave her an hug, she felt like she was participating in some sort of play.

"Rose, you remember my sister Ann?" Joe asked and he gestured to the girl next to him. She looked like an exact copy of her mother except for her devilish smile which always promised some mischief. Yes, of course Rose remembered Ann, she'd been James's best friend - well, best friend who happened to be a girl.

"Hi Ann!" Rose said and she gave her an hug. Ann smiled softly and looked behind Rose into the house.

"James here?" she said, still looking.

"Yeah, he's in the garden," Rose laughed and she nodded in the right direction.

"Ann! Try to remember that we're guests here? There are more people who are worth it to say hello to other than James!" Joe and Ann's father said, but Ann was already out of sight.

"Seamus and Dean! Wow, it has been a long time!" Rose heard her father say and when she turned around, she saw him standing right behind her, together with uncle Harry, who winked at her.

"It has been indeed," the man with a darker skin tone, who apparently was called 'Dean', said. He had a warm voice that Rose vaguely recognised, even though she wasn't sure how.

"It surprises me that you guys didn't end up together," uncle Harry said with a smile, "but seeing as you both have almost the same wife, perhaps you did sort of end up together!" and both her father and uncle bursted out into laughter.

"What? We...ending up together?" Seamus said with a serious look of shock on his face.

"C'mon Harry, that was just one drunk night, you know that!" Dean hissed at them, but even he couldn't hide the blush that spread on his face.

"Yeah, yeah, real funny. I'm also present, by the way," the boy who was standing next to Dean said. He had black hair that reached his shoulders and he had a slightly lighter skin tone than his father. His father gave him a relieved look, as the subject immediately changed.

"This is Emmett, our son," Dean said, "Emmett, this is Harry Potter and Ron Weasley, they were in Gryffindor with me and Seamus, and Neville, of course - is he here too? And I guess this must be your daughter Ron?"