Chapter 10

Chapter 10 \\ Scorose - My Father Won't Hear About This \\ WICELA

Disclaimer: I do not own the Harry Potter series nor everything that comes with it. The rights go to J.K. Rowling. The only thing I own is the holes in her stories that I filled with my fantasies.

------

Ignoring Malfoy wasn't a very easy task, Rose discovered. He was always very anxious that someone didn't see him as the extant person he was. Very friendly to everyone he knew, in particular the girls of course, but there weren't many people who did know him that wel. He had an on and off-screen relationship with Beaubelle, which meant for Rose that she was seeing her very often, not to Rose's pleasure, because she hated the girl. Of course it was every weeks question if they were still dating and so was it every Friday that Rose talked to Malfoy, because only that day she began the conversation.

'Still with the cat, then?' She asked him then. Because of the fact Beaubelle was with them so often, she discovered unwillingly how much she loved cats and the fact that she was very hairy. She even asked Rose about what she was using when she shaved herself! Rose answered with rolling her eyes. She didn't shave herself, only her armpits from time to time. She just wasn't that hairy and she thanked Merlin gratefully for that. It seemed to be very horrible to be so hairy. Well, that was partly true of course, Beaubelle did have a relationship with Malfoy and that was the jackpot apparently. She didn't want the "jackpot". She didn't want to be worrying about make-up and shaving. She wanted to be smart and to learn. To be as brave as her parents were. She didn't want to worry about what Malfoy would answer that Friday, which was of course the same 'O shut it, Weasel,' when they were out and 'Still prettier than you, though,' when they were still excising. She could say every horrible thing about this player he was, but the fact he had good grades and actually felt fucked-up when he and Beaubelle broke up, made her feel that he was actually a real person. There were some feelings in him, if he only knew how to show them in the right way to the world. What was it with all those bad-boys who seem to think that the only thing they're able to do in life is pretending they don't care? Because they suck in it, big time. So it wasn't Malfoy or Rose who ever thought about doing something together again, but it actually was professor Longbottem's idea to celebrate the fact the war was gone now, for twenty-six years. Rose thought it was stupid. Why throwing a party for twenty-six years. If it were twenty-five years, like last year, than it would be brilliant, but no matter what she said, it had to be done.

'I hope I can rely on you to do everything alright. Of course you may ask students to help you with organizing, but don't let them do everything. You know the rules, nothing inappropriate or discriminating and keep it a celebration, not a funeral.' At that point, Rose had become really mad.

'Yeah, a celebration that so many people fought in the war and died, like my uncle Fred.' Malfoy didn't take that really well.

'O, there comes Weasel with her O-I-Am-So-Pathetic act.'

'Yeah, well, no family of you died there, eh? Your family run away!'

'That's not true!' 

'Ask your parents for the facts then, coward?'

'STOP! Both of you! Rose, there died many more people in the war. People I called my friends, like I did with Fred. It's hard, but we need to move on. We can better be glad it's over, instead of being in this sadness. Thereby I don't approve this way of communication between our Heads. This is very childish of both of you. Five points will be taken from both your houses. You two really need to learn to communicate in a right way. Forget the fact your parents hate each other - and Rose do me a favor and don't tell your father I said that - and try to be in some kind of way friends. This project will help you with that. Like I said, don't make it a funeral. Good luck both of you and no more fighting.' This made Rose willingly to run away as far as possible. A project to become friends with Malfoy. Friends? After he just...and she just...and everything just...it was so incredibly strange and Rose knew this wasn't going to end well.

'Shake hands you two.' Professor Longbottem said.

'What?' They said in unison. He grinned at that.

'You heard me.' With reluctantly they did it, but Rose felt strange after they did that. After that handshake, she felt weird. The minute their hands touched, she wanted to keep her hand there. When she looked at Malfoy, she suddenly realized it was his hand. Immediately she took her hand back, seeing Malfoy doing the same.

'The party will take place at the Great Hall on Friday next week.'

'Friday, next Friday?' Malfoy asked.

'That's in a week!' Rose said.

'Hurry then, chap-chap!' And with that Malfoy and Rose left his office. 

'Can't believe it.' Rose mumbled.

'Friends? Yeah, with you right. Can't believe that either. The minute I will thinking about that, I will commit suicide, just that you know.' 

'Somewhere you must really care about me that you will commit suicide for me.' Malfoy snorted.

'Keep thinking that and perhaps you will get even a bigger ego than you're cousin has.'

'Perhaps one day I will have an ego bigger than yours.'

'Look at yourself, woman. You're wearing no make-up and you're hair is perfectly in this ponytail. Do you really think I would fall for a woman like that?'

'Well, you did once.'

'No, I didn't!'

'So, you admit that you had no feelings at all for me, the day that you kissed me and called me "Red"?'

'The minute I realized you were just like all the other girls at school, I left.'

'And when may that be?'

'When you kissed your boyfriend.'

'Joe isn't my boyfriend?'

'No? He suites you. I mean, look at him and at you? Perfectly fitting. You're both so hypocritical and extremely confusing and did I already say ugly?'

'Okay, hate you too, Malfoy, but oh, you already knew that. What did you want me to do then? You said you left the minute you realized I was just like those other girls. What did you wanted me to be?'

'What do you think, dumb-ass? Like Beaubelle of course!'

'So you wanted me to be a slut?'

'Yes, well, no, well, my slut. You're already a slut, but the minute you're left alone, you will just take the ex-boyfriend who almost raped you at prom!'

'I promise you, I'll never be your slut!' Angry as she was, Rose left him alone. When she went to the library, she talked with some girls about the party and they promised to help her as soon as she had mentioned Malfoy's name. Only at this very moment Rose was glad to do this project with him. When she'd to do it alone, really alone, there would no one be to help her, except Albus and Louis maybe. If she spend more time on then.