Chapter 8

Chapter 8 \\ Scorose - My Father Won't Hear About This \\ WICELA

Disclaimer: I do not own the Harry Potter series nor everything that comes with it. The rights go to J.K. Rowling. The only thing I own are the plotholes in her stories that I filled with my fantasies.

Updated: September 19 (2017)

•  •  •

The whole world could've exploded around them and still Rose wouldn't have noticed it, but suddenly there was this voice calling out her name and as soon as Scorpius had noticed it too, they broke apart. Rose saw a few surprised looking people around her; her cousin Molly ran quickly away towards uncle Percy, her cousin James gave her a big thumbs up and then walked away to celebrate the new year with his friends, but then Rose discovered that Joe had seen it. Joe had seen them kissing and he was actually the one who broke their kiss. Damn, they'd kissed, Rose thought, and she could only think about how good his lips felt on hers. The hours that had passed in her head had only been a minute at most in reality. Everyone around her was either focused on Teddy and Victoire, ready to congratulate them or wishing everyone a happy new year.

"Happy New Year, Red," Scorpius said in a husky voice and he gave her a kiss on her cheek. Rose looked down at her and his hands. Just a moment ago, those hands had been touching her cheeks.

"Yeah...you..too," Rose stammered in a voice that was barely a whisper. She really had fallen then for the famous ladies man. On top of that, she could confirm the rumours; he really gave kisses that blew everyone away.

"I'm going to my parents now, let's talk later, okay?" he said with a soft smile. It wasn't the smirk that once was so annoying and later on became sort of sexy. No, it was a soft and sweet smile, maybe somewhat a shy one. 

"Mm-mm," Rose mumbled back, not really processing what he was saying. Suddenly he was gone and in that second his place was taken up by an angry Joe.

"Rose, I told you so! I really hoped for you that Scorpius could be your friend, but I knew he wasn't! Did he hurt you? Rose? ROSE?!" Joe exclaimed as he continued to talk on and on about his predicament coming true.

"Shut up, Joe! I'm fine! The only one that actually hurt me was you! I'm done being your little toy to play with! It's over!" Rose said. She was mad, so mad. How did Joe even dare to say something like this to her? This was crazy and she didn't want to be a part of it anymore. 

"So actually you invited me to your New Year's party only to dump me? I knew you were still mad at me for what happened at the ball, but I did explain! I was drunk, remember!" Joe protested, but Rose didn't even know why he bothered.

"Yeah, you were drunk, because you were nervous to have sex with me. Did it ever come up in your head to talk to me about that? Did you ever think about whether I was ready to go that far with you? Did you?" Rose asked, but Joe only stammered her name and some 'please's'. No, not this time. She couldn't think about this anymore, so she walked away to congratulate Teddy and Victoire.

"Now you're finally officially my cousin!" Rose said as she hugged Teddy. The guy had the widest grin on her face she'd ever seen and couldn't stop looking at Victoire.

"She said yes!" Teddy beamed and Rose laughed.

"Of course she did! That has already been established a long time ago!" Rose said and both Teddy and Victoire laughed.

"Well, there was a time I wouldn't have said yes," Victoire said cheekily and Teddy snorted.

"Please, if you'd seen the ring, you wouldn't have stopped me," he answered and now it was Victoire's time to snort.