Chapter 9

Chapter 9 \\ Scorose - My Father Won't Hear About This \\ WICELA

Disclaimer: I do not own the Harry Potter series nor everything that comes with it. The rights go to J.K. Rowling. The only thing I own are the plotholes in her stories that I filled with my fantasies.

Updated: June 29 (2018)

• • •

A week went by and Christmas Break was over. Rose hadn't talked to Scorpius since their kiss and it felt like an empty hole in her heart. She was tired. Tired of all the thoughts going through her head and of all the feelings she couldn't quite place. Why did he had to go around and kiss her? He confused her so, so much and she didn't know what to do with it. Did he want to kiss her or did he made a mistake? What was happening?

So Rose decided to find the first thing that was even remotely soft in the Head's common room, because she didn't even had the energy to actually walk to her bed. She didn't want to think about anything anymore and by that she meant Scorpius. The way they had been ignoring each other, she could barely consider him a friend and stepping into the common room only proved that more.

There he was, with another temporary girlfriend, curled up in the chair she had been daydreaming about on her way. They barely fitted into the chair together and were completely caught up in each other; they didn't even notice Rose coming into the room. Beaubelle Smith, the slag of the week, was about to take of her shirt when Rose couldn't stand it anymore. His hands were on Beaubelle's bum, his eyes on her boobs and his mouth was swollen of all the kissing. This wasn't something Rose had wanted to see at the beginning of the year, but then she would've been annoyed. Now, she was hurt.

"Cosy," she said with a cough and she couldn't help but think he'd used her like he was now using Beaubelle. Beaubelle turned around and looked irritated. Her shirt was halfway up and she kept it at that height. Scorpius didn't bother to lift his face from Beaubelle's boobs and ignored her.

"Don't be bothered by me, I'm going up," Rose added unnecessary. The second she passed them, she heard him sucking on something she really didn't want to know. Then she heard a soft bounce and when she looked up, Malfoy was standing in her doorway. Yeah, he was Malfoy again. A guy who uses you over Christmas break, refuses to writes you letters and then rubs it in your face that you're a failure doesn't deserve the first-name-treatment.

"Weasley, I thought you didn't like it in here?" he dared to say. So it was her fault she'd walked in on him and his slag?

"Yeah well, I was able to choose sleeping in a box under the Whomping Willow or sleeping here, so I chose the latter," she answered and pushed him away to go into her dormitory.

So she wasn't the only one that thought the other didn't deserve the first-name-treatment anymore. It hurt. A lot. But she could've known, because it wasn't like there weren't any stories about him going around Hogwarts like this. Had everything about what they'd shared been fake? Was he really that heartless bastard everyone had been saying all along? What did she actually know about him, other that their mutual hate and what her parents told her about his parents? Was it okay that Malfoy used her, because his dad needed a job? Would she have done the same if she was in his shoes?

No, she couldn't think like that anymore. She shouldn't even waste anymore of her voice, breath and time on him. She had Joe and he was everything she needed. She would rather die than needing Malfoy and that was only one of possibly a million reasons why Joe was better for her than Malfoy. Rose was smarter than that and she had a guy who actually appreciated her. A guy with whom she didn't talk about said Malfoy.

• • •

After that first evening, Malfoy made an habit out of making out with a random girl in their common room every evening. Sometimes they were in the same chair, sometimes in the other, or the couch and one time even on the carpet. Rose was certain the place inhabited a zillion bacteria, but was lucky enough to not have found certain sticky white spots.