Chapter 5

Chapter 5 \\ Scorose - My Father Won't Hear About This \\ WICELA

Disclaimer: I do not own the Harry Potter series nor everything that comes with it. The rights go to J.K. Rowling. The only thing I own are the plotholes in her stories that I filled with my fantasies.

Updated: July 24 (2017)

•  •  •

Rose got flowers the next day. Flowers that matched her name. Roses for Rose, absolutely lovely, wasn't it? Without reading the cart, Rose already knew who had sent them. Apology roses, asking her if she might wanted to meet with him at the astronomy tower at midnight - Rose's favorite time of the day - to watch the stars. Rose liked that he left her alone to think about everything. The fact that he had sent her flowers, instead of delivering them to her himself, was really a relief. He'd given her time to think about everything and she really needed that. What did she actually want and what part of that did she want from him? So she breathed in and out and decided she had to give him credit for this. So at midnight, she climbed the stairs towards the astronomy tower and saw his silhouette in the moonlight. He was ridiculously handsome, even more handsome than he was at the dance. Was this all for her? Not wanting to think about that question for so long, Rose climbed towards the top of the stairs and made him aware of her presence without saying anything. 

"Rose," he said as he breathed nervously in and out, "I'm so sorry...". It was barely a whisper. He gave her a nervous smile and then stared at the ground again.

"I really am so sorry Rose. About everything. I am so sorry for what I did to you...and what I almost did to you. I'm just..." he breathed in and out again, "I'm just going to tell you everything, okay? I want to tell you everything that happened." Rose nodded to show him she was listening and he took a deep breath.

"It's just...I wanted everything to be perfect, you know? I thought this was going to be the perfect night for us to...to do things a bit differently, you know? To do some new things, right? It was perfect, I had planned everything out. The trouble started there, you know? I was so incredibly nervous - and can you blame me? You're amazing! I was so nervous that I got drunk - too drunk - and I screwed everything up and I hurt you and pushed you...and I am so incredibly sorry for that. It's just...there's more. I really need to tell you that myself, because I don't want anyone else to do so. I was...upset to say the least when that Bleached Blondie came to rescue you - but I was over it, for the most part - and I went down after that and ran into Daisy, you know, his date. Why she ever said yes to that Albino, I have no clue, but she did. She regretted it too, I saw that. She asked me whether he was upstairs or not and the second she mentioned his name - whoof - that didn't go well. I was angry again - I mean, he thought he could just interfere with our relationship, but what we have is special, you know? So I was angry and you weren't there because you were with him, you know? So I told her that and she became angry too. We were a crazy drunk duo like that. Suddenly we kissed, you know, but only because I thought you were doing the same thing he was doing to you and I told her that. So we kissed and then we didn't and went back to the dance, with me this time and...it all got pretty nasty. We kissed...like at every place available and then we almost...we almost went all the way, you know? I just woke up in the morning with a crazy headache hangover, really terrible. Daisy too, though, we both woke up like that, oh and naked too. It was a really strange morning. We were in the Room of Requirement so that was nice, I guess, because it offered me stuff to cool my hangover down. Crazy night, right? Like real crazy. So...I just wanted you to know everything and to hear it from me. Do remember that I love you and this...this was such a big mistake! I understand you need some time and that's really okay! I'll just...I'll just keep my distance, okay? Just know that I'll always be there and that's why I still want to warn you about Malfoy. He obviously made you think he was pathetic and - I mean, yeah, duh - he is, but not in a good way, you know! I just care too much about you not to warn you." It had come out as one big blur of you know's and deep breaths, but now he smiled softly and finally looked her in the eyes. It just hit her a bit too late. He...he cheated? Plus he'd said he...he loved her? So not only had her boyfriend almost ruined her dance, he also made out with another girl because she wasn't willing to go as far as that other girl was willing to. Wow...yeah, but it did let him realise that he loved her, so that was...that was fine, right? It didn't make sense at all, but she did realise her boyfriend had been drunk at the time so perhaps it had made sense for him. Did she really want to be that kind of girlfriend that ruined every little bit of fun for her boyfriend? Her cousin James sure as hell treated any of his girlfriend a lot worse, so this was...maybe this was okay.